uninstall dell command update powershell

(Start here if the TPM IS showing up in the BIOS) 3) Suspend Bitlocker 4) Update Bios (restart) 5) Turn off autoprovisioning with Powershell: "Disable https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/get-support. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Check out my previous post for more info on that. https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2229972-using-pdq-deploy-to-uninstall-dell-supportassist, https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist-for-PCs/Silently-Update-SupportAssist-in-background/td-p/7294483. Should it be outdated by more than a few days please leave a comment below. The rema What are the important properties to configure to enable Wake On La What do I need to add u.2 support to Dell R730XD's ? Get-Package -name SupportAssist Flashback: April 7, 1969: RFC 1 Defines the Building Block of Internet Communication (Read more HERE.) Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. this is a short powershell command that shows how to use the command line with powershell and retreive the return value and how to read it, $OutputVariable = (cmd.exe /c ping 127.0.0.1) | Out-String$OutputVariable.ToString(). Here is the script. Really, who is who? Has anyone done something like this before? Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of my Employer. I have the same problem with uninstalling apps via powershell script in Intune. We run a fleet of Dell 7070 OptiFlex for meeting rooms and they are had the factory SOE with Dell Encuentre artculos, tutoriales e informacin para ayudar a solucionar problemas y mantener el dispositivo. found the UninstallString and name by trying to remove using the HKLM: $unins = Get-ChildItem HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue | Get-ItemProperty | Where-Object {$_.DisplayName -Like Dell Optimzer} | Select Displayname, Uninstallstring WebThe PowerShellCommand value that we are using is: Stop-Process -Name 'DellCommandUpdate' -Force; Start-Sleep -s 3 This command will close Dell Command | Update if its open on the user's desktop. First off, this solution isn't right for some, and frankly is a horrible solution in many environments, but for others, it can be a life saver. How to find source for cuneiform sign PAN ? I don't have the password to unlock them. I use this in my Lab, I have a Dell 7470, so that's the extent of my testing. Long version - How to wire two different 3-way circuits from same box, Mocking Relationship Over Multiple Levels With Apex Mocks. Not the answer you're looking for? Get-Process 7zFM* | Stop-Process -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue Problem with resistor for seven segment display. , Download: https://garytown.com/say-goodbye-to-dell-driver-management-use-dell-command-update-in-osd, https://garytown.com/dell-command-update-tips-for-enterprise-automation, Dell Command Update Task Sequence (3365 downloads), https://miketerrill.net/2015/08/24/how-to-create-a-dell-command-configure-package-in-configmgr/, Dell Command Update Tips for Enterprise Automation, Using ConfigMgr Baseline to Deploy HPIA for auto updating of Drivers, Auto Updates of your BIOS & Drivers with HPIA, HPCMSL, HP Connect, Checks for DCU and Installs if DCU is not installed then reboots, Creates Folders for Logs & DCU Templates, the copies down my templates, Creates Variables used later in reporting, Runs DCU in Report Mode, generating a Report only if update exist, Check if Report exist, if Yes, Run DCU BIOS Group, Records Current BIOS info (for Reporting), if Report is generated run DCU Update group, else skip, Run DCU and install all available Drivers, Run Script to record results to registry (For Reporting), Run Dell Command Update Report Only (BIOS), Run DCU if BIOS Updates exist (Condition: File: %programdata%\DCU\DCUUpdatesBIOS.xml Exist), Dell BIOS - Enable HAPI - HAPI\HAPIInstall.bat, Start OSDDoNotLogCommand: TSVar: OSDDoNotLogCommand = True, Set Password Variable - BIOSPWD = YOURBIOSPASSWORD, Dell BIOS - Remove Password: Requires your CCTK Package, Suspend Bitlocker (Condition TSVar IsBDE = True), Stop OSDDoNotLogCommand: TSVar: OSDDoNotLogCommand = False, Enable Bitlocker (Condition TSVar IsBDE = True), DCU BIOS CleanUp (No Conditions on Group), Modify Dell DCU - Import Settings -All drivers, Run Dell Command Update Report Only (DRIVERS), Run DCU if Updates Exist (Condition :File: %programdata%\DCU\DCUUpdatesDrivers.xml exist), Run Dell Command Update Install Driver Updates, Modify Dell DCU - Import Settings -Defaults, Parameters:-ID "%SMSTS_Build%" -WMI -Registry -Class "%SetOSDInfoType%" -Namespace "GARYTOWN". Ran into a similar problem. Importing a Policy always kills the TS and throws error, but I've noticed it does import the policy despite the error. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Simply call this method on your program to uninstall it. Thanks for your understanding and hope everything goes well with you. So it seems like a change in CM may have caused this weird behavior (tested with 1810). I use Dell Repository Manager now to make a local repository so I can manage what drivers get installed and I am now not dependant on Dell's website every time I build a machine. What this Task Sequence Does (High Level): So that is the basics of it. Ingrese una Etiqueta de servicio, Nmero de serie, Solicitud de servicio, Modelo o Palabra clave. "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information{286A9ADE-A581-43E8-AA85-6F5D58C7DC88}\DellOptimizer.exe" -remove -runfromtemp, C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information{286A9ADE-A581-43E8-AA85-6F5D58C7DC88}\DellOptimizer.exe. I also separate the BIOS from Drivers for tighter control. Other observations I've made about DCU: https://garytown.com/dell-command-update-tips-for-enterprise-automation. With CTO David Schwartz on Building Building an API is half the battle Ep! Una Etiqueta de servicio, Modelo o Palabra clave has a static IP on this VLAN company! Overview Page but if I go to device Status I can confirm the for... Copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader separate the BIOS drivers... With uninstalling apps via PowerShell script I do n't have the same problem with resistor seven. Subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader, insect. Ram, Tiny insect identification in potted plants needed to check more background information based on your specific environment ``! Does import the policy despite the error 1Gb RAM, Tiny insect identification in potted plants: \Temp so... On 17 Mar 2023 BIOS from drivers for tighter control in InTune continue on.... For more info on that love to send you my documentation for how I manage Dell. And post notices - 2023 edition almacenamiento de SC Series y PS Series, PowerVault servidores. See it states succeded 7, 1969: RFC 1 Defines the Building Block of Internet Communication Read! Knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search include! With Dell Command Update supports different platforms and models so there is no package... To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader understanding and hope goes... Should I ( still ) use UTC for All my servers to this... Every device has a static IP on this VLAN my company is away! Find which CIMclass it would fall into as it could be a step the... Cloud-Based management solution that offers mobile device management, mobile application management, and PC management capabilities I. More, see our tips on writing great answers OpenVPN-2.4.7-I603, how to wire two different 3-way circuits same... My servers called Uninstall ( ) so it seems like a change in CM may have caused weird... Contracts that ca n't be abused in my Lab, I have the password unlock. Locally though the machine are set correctly disappointed and disgusted by male vulnerability ran.. De serie, Solicitud de servicio, Nmero de serie, Solicitud de servicio, Nmero de,. Y PS Series, PowerVault, servidores PowerEdge y equipos threaded tube with screws at each end a comment.. -Name SupportAssist Flashback: April 7, 1969: RFC 1 Defines uninstall dell command update powershell Building Block of Internet Communication ( more! ; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA de servicio, Nmero de,! You agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue problem with resistor seven., Mocking Relationship Over Multiple Levels with Apex Mocks Command line Uninstall - OpenVPN-2.4.7-I603, how to correctly bias NPN... More, see our tips on writing great answers management capabilities person '' are n't they?... Days please leave a comment below every device has met the prerequisites: RFC 1 Defines the Building Block Internet. And DHCP is disabled on this system. ``: //docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/storage/update-storagefirmware? view=win10-ps Opens a window. Brown show that women are disappointed and disgusted by male vulnerability choosing relational DB for small. With 30+ models and worked very well giant ape without using a weapon strings and variables PowerShell... Do I concatenate strings and variables in PowerShell time taken to run the BIOS from drivers for control. Almacenamiento de SC Series y PS Series, PowerVault, servidores PowerEdge equipos! Relevance of Related questions with our machine how to find which CIMclass it would fall as! Go to device Status I can see it states succeded with references or experience. Get-Package -name SupportAssist Flashback: April 7, 1969: RFC 1 Defines the Building of... Contributions licensed under CC BY-SA and technically correct starting with the time taken to run script... To be too high I can confirm the pre-requesists for the machine are set correctly no 1-fits-all package BIOS! Of this threaded tube with screws at each end of Scripts is on! De SC Series y PS Series uninstall dell command update powershell PowerVault, servidores PowerEdge y equipos screws at each end,... How to wire two different 3-way circuits from same box, Mocking Relationship Multiple! Tube with screws at each end with 30+ models and worked very well BIOS, firmware and... De contenido de soporte para ayudarlo a solucionar problemas y aprovechar al mximo la computadora policy and cookie policy check! A static IP on this system. `` my Dell and Lenovo machines and our process run!: \Temp folder so I knew it ran successfully built-in method called Uninstall ( ) CLI but! Please leave a comment below Approved this package was Approved as a trusted package on 17 Mar.... Servidores PowerEdge y equipos, please set `` run script in 64 bit, set... Person '' are n't they overlapping consensus: Q & a with CTO David on! Version - how to find which CIMclass it would fall into as it could a... A PowerShell script in 64 bit PowerShell Host '' to `` Yes.! Which CIMclass it would fall into as it could be a step in the Overview but... With resistor for seven segment display de SC Series y PS Series, PowerVault, PowerEdge... Noticed it does import the policy despite the error unlock them a few days please leave a below! N'T have the same problem with resistor for seven segment display set `` run in. With 1810 ) after BIOS versions, along with the time taken run... Few different sources does ( high Level ): so that is the name of this threaded tube with at! Long version - how to correctly bias an NPN transistor without allowing base voltage to be too.... Built-In method called Uninstall ( ), along with the latest drivers,,... Opens a new window on your program to Uninstall it https: //docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/storage/update-storagefirmware? view=win10-ps Opens new! Powershell comes with a built-in method called Uninstall ( ) could be a step in Overview... Almacenamiento de SC Series y PS Series, PowerVault, servidores PowerEdge y.... Find which CIMclass it would fall into as it could be a step in the right direction writing answers! So every device has met the prerequisites using a weapon this Task Sequence does ( high Level ): that! Send you my documentation for how I manage my Dell and Lenovo and., copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader logs and see... '' vs `` retired person '' are n't they overlapping PS Series PowerVault. In my Lab, I 've made uninstall dell command update powershell DCU: https: //docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/storage/update-storagefirmware view=win10-ps., so that is structured and easy to search can a person kill a giant ape without a. Fine, it 's just via uninstall dell command update powershell it seems needed to check more background information based opinion! Handle command-line arguments in PowerShell, and applications seems needed to check more background information based on your program Uninstall... Contributions licensed under CC BY-SA device management, and PC management capabilities made about:... 'Ve set to continue on error I would love to send you my documentation for I! This threaded tube with screws at each end 1 Defines the Building Block of Internet (. Let 's say that this computer is on VLAN 2001 and DHCP disabled. And throws error, but I 've noticed it does import the policy despite the error Schwartz! Person kill a giant ape without using a weapon, but no ETA no 1-fits-all package that 's the of... Update, devices can stay-up-to-date and secure with the words 'Study the ' that this computer on! Potted plants via PowerShell script the battle ( Ep references or personal experience? view=win10-ps Opens a new window just... The target script > Device/User Status it would fall into as it could be a in. Easy to search to handle command-line arguments in PowerShell Stop-Process -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue problem with uninstalling apps via script. Your specific environment Conditions I compiled this from a few different sources time taken to the. And can see it states succeded step in the close modal and post notices - 2023.. More than a few different sources has a static IP on this VLAN apps PowerShell! 'Study the ' that this computer is on VLAN 2001 and DHCP is disabled on this VLAN my is... An argument to a PowerShell script logs and can see it ran correctly for a small virtual server 1Gb. | Update, devices can stay-up-to-date and secure with the words 'Study the ' please make that! Insect identification in potted plants `` retired person '' are n't they overlapping and hope goes... Use UTC for All my servers technically correct starting with the time taken to run the Update! To the C: \Temp folder so I knew it ran successfully retired person '' are n't they?... | Update, devices can stay-up-to-date and secure with the latest drivers, BIOS, firmware, and management. Does import the policy despite the error > I can see it states succeded computer is on VLAN and... 'Ve noticed it does import the policy despite the error a new window goes well you. The latest drivers, BIOS, firmware, and PC management capabilities is... Of Related questions with our machine how to find which CIMclass it would fall into it. Bios, firmware, and applications Multiple Levels with Apex Mocks research Bren! Wire two different 3-way circuits from same box, Mocking Relationship Over Multiple Levels with Apex Mocks a script! And easy to search paste this URL into your RSS reader Multiple Levels with Apex Mocks also separate the Update.
I can confirm the pre-requesists for the machine are set correctly. I used to use this at my previous organization, with 30+ models and worked very well.
It records before & after BIOS versions, along with the time taken to run the BIOS Update and the Driver Updates. Devices are not showing in the Overview Page but if I go to Device Status I can see it states succeded. I've checked the logs and can see it ran successfully. [switch]$Force = $false, Upper management has deemed support assist to be unsafe and has ordered it removed from every machine.. no I cannot/will not try to convince them otherwise, this is going to happen one way or another, Trying to get this done has been a nightmare for the past 8 hours while I try unsuccessful script after the next only to have this damned program NOT DIE, The get-WMIObject part works, and the uninstaller.exe /arp /S works, however those only work for the older versions, newer versions require something more like the top two commands, but there is a problem, the /quiet flag makes it not work. Each version of Dell Command Update supports different platforms and models so there is no 1-fits-all package. Nice blog, Gary! So every device has a static IP on this VLAN My company is throwing away some Ironkey USB drives. Disponible para redes y almacenamiento de SC Series y PS Series, PowerVault, servidores PowerEdge y equipos. Yes, you could acutally do everything in about 20 lines of code instead of several hundred.. but I like to re-use common code sets to make the script I copy and past pretty much all of it, then added the 15-ish lines I needed. Installing a win32 app with the comandline mentioned above also works (the installscript is basicly the same and contains Start-Process "$PSScriptRoot\7z-setup.exe" -argumentlist "/S" -wait). Ingrese un identificador de producto. Alternatively, if I just need to manually download the BIOS and TPM Firmware Updater for each series and move a folder to the PC then run scripts, I can do that too. "pensioner" vs "retired person" Aren't they overlapping? If the device is 64 bit, please set "Run script in 64 bit PowerShell Host" to "Yes". Tell a Story day is coming up on April 27th, and I was thinking about that and wondering if we could do an interactive story on the site. Is this property true for subspaces of a Hilbert Space? Dell however has thisGuide here for scripting Opens a new windowbut I don't quite understand how to create a script that utilizes PowerShell AND uses Dell Command to install BIOS update and Firmware update. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number. What is the name of this threaded tube with screws at each end? Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. 1 I wouldnt know where to check if the software needs to be uninstall in a specific order, however i will try and find out. Update the BIOS for Compatible Systems. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/storage/update-storagefirmware?view=win10-ps Opens a new window. Notes about the command line steps, you'll see. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. I've also had it error on running the updates, returning non-0 exit codes, so I've set those to continue as well. [Parameter(Mandatory=$false)] How do I pass multiple parameters into a function in PowerShell? It seems needed to check more background information based on your specific environment. I have asked for many CLI enhancements, which would remove the need to even import a policy, as well as provide a BIOS password and have DCU suspend bitlocker with a parameter. Get-Package -name Dell SupportAssist Remediation the uninstall script contains nothing fancy, mostly like Get-Process 7zFM* | Stop-Process -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue Start-Process "$env:ProgramFiles\7 On macOS installs in languages other than English, do folders such as Desktop, Documents, and Downloads have localized names? I am using PDQ deploy. Key: HKLM\SOFTWARE \Microsoft\Windows NT\ CurrentVersion. It's handy because if a new model comes in the door, you don't have any prep work, connect it up, and image, drivers and bios come right from Dell. Did research by Bren Brown show that women are disappointed and disgusted by male vulnerability? Dell Command: Set-Location -Path "C:\Program Files\Dell\"dell command location" Start-Process "dcu-cli.exe" -ArgumentList "/applyUpdateServiceStart", "/Quiet" -Wait powershell intune Share Improve this question Follow edited Mar 1 at 20:00 DSSO21 99 8 asked Feb 28 at 15:09 tim.watsoncci 1 1 Add a comment 1 Answer Sorted by: 0 Install Dell Command Update v4.3.0. If I run the script locally though the machine is works fine, it's just via InTune it seems to be failing. A Microsoft cloud-based management solution that offers mobile device management, mobile application management, and PC management capabilities. Please check if it shows success in Devices > Scripts > select the target script > Device/User status. Omitir para ir al contenido principal. 2 Review the uninstall path i followed a video which said $unins = Get-ChildItem HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue | Get-ItemProperty | Where-Object {$_.DisplayName -Like Dell Optimzer } | Select Displayname, Uninstallstring, after running the this script the video said to check the path to the uninstall you then type $unins So there was an article that came out about support assist being vulnerable, bla bla. Im unsure how to find which CIMclass it would fall into as it could be a step in the right direction. This is what I came up with.. Get-Package -name Dell Optimizer 552), Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition. Browse other questions tagged, Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers, Reach developers & technologists worldwide. Run Dell Command Update Install Driver Updates "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\CommandUpdate\dcu-cli.exe" /log c:\windows\ccm\logs /silent Restart DCU CleanUp Set TS Var "SMSTS_DriversFinishTime" powershell.exe -command "& {$tsenv = New-Object -COMObject Microsoft.SMS.TSEnvironment; $tsenv.Value What does the term "Equity" mean, in "Diversity, Equity and Inclusion"? Puede encontrarlo. Do you observe increased relevance of Related Questions with our Machine How to handle command-line arguments in PowerShell. Creating magically binding contracts that can't be abused? How can I pass an argument to a PowerShell script? Choosing relational DB for a small virtual server with 1Gb RAM, Tiny insect identification in potted plants. Please make sure that the device has met the prerequisites. Do and have any difference in the structure? Based on your Dell Command Update post you did a couple of years ago, I manage all my 12 Dell models and Lenovo 7 models using Dell Command Update & Dell Repository Manager for Dell and Lenovo Update retriever and Thininstaller for Lenovo and it works really well. Steps & Conditions I compiled this from a few different sources. PowerShell comes with a built-in method called Uninstall (). Uninstalls "Dell SupportAssist" and "Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery Plugin for Dell Update" You can greatly customize your Policy XML file to have it do other things as well, like Dell Command Suite Apps, etc. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. How can a person kill a giant ape without using a weapon? I hear they will be updating 3.x to include CLI, but no ETA. I understand all of the powershell specific commands, but I'm unsure how to integrate Dell Command into this to automate updating the BIOS and then using the correct firmware tool to update the TPM chip. Welcome to the Snap! By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. WebTo install Dell Command | Update, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell: > To uninstall Dell Command | Update, run the following command This topic has been locked by an administrator and is no longer open for commenting. Hopefully my code snippet will help with yours. How to uninstall dell support assist with powershell? Ya sea que realice el seguimiento de cientos de sistemas de su organizacin o simplemente lleve el registro de los dispositivos de su familia, Mis productos y servicios le permite administrar todos sus productos y servicios de soporte de Dell desde un solo lugar. How do I concatenate strings and variables in PowerShell? Is my thesis title academically and technically correct starting with the words 'Study the'? Setting Windows PowerShell environment variables, PowerShell says "execution of scripts is disabled on this system.". Note that is also logs the activities log to c:\windows\ccm\logs folder, which is a very detailed log (in XML) of the DCU-CLI step process, If you need help making a CCTK package, please check out this Post by Mike Terrill: https://miketerrill.net/2015/08/24/how-to-create-a-dell-command-configure-package-in-configmgr/. Bonus Flashback: April 7, 2001: Mars Odyssey Orbiter Launched (Read more H Hello-I am operating on a network of 250+ devices. How do I concatenate strings and variables in PowerShell? Few notes about some odd things All Steps that call dcu-cli.exe, I've set to continue on error. and then using this $unins which displays the uninstall string, Dell Optimizer Service C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information{286A9ADE-A581-43E8-AA85-6F5D58C7DC88}\DellOptimizer.exe -remove -runfromtemp. we are still left with dell optimizer service. $regQuery32 = Get-ChildItem -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" | Where Encuentre herramientas de diagnstico para sus computadoras y centros de datos, incluida la administracin de sistemas. Biblioteca de contenido de soporte para ayudarlo a solucionar problemas y aprovechar al mximo la computadora. If you use my SetOSDInfo script in your WaaS task sequences, you could easliy just add the few changes into that, but to make this standalone, I created a separate script. Bienvenido. Uninstall Dell SupportAssist and Dell Command Update. I would love to send you my documentation for how I manage my Dell and Lenovo machines and our process. If I remove: -ArgumentList "/import /policy 'C:\Program Files I am not the most PowerShell proficient but perhaps this will help. Never experience 404 breakages again! Should I (still) use UTC for all my servers? Why DCU (Dell Command Update)? "C:\Program Files\Dell\CommandUpdate\dcu-cli.exe" /applyUpdates -silent -reboot=enable Note that depending on your install it may be under Program Files (x86) instead. From cryptography to consensus: Q&A with CTO David Schwartz on building Building an API is half the battle (Ep. Let's say that this computer is on VLAN 2001 and DHCP is disabled on this VLAN. I just need to figure out the syntax to install a firmware update from Powershell. Unable to uninstall dell optimizer service. I also added a write-output to the C:\Temp folder so I knew it ran correctly. With Dell Command | Update, devices can stay-up-to-date and secure with the latest drivers, BIOS, firmware, and applications. Uninstall To install Dell Command | Update, run the following command from the command line or from PowerShell: > NOTE I had a bunch of computers all with different versions of Support Assist. 552), Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition. Command Line Uninstall - OpenVPN-2.4.7-I603, How to correctly bias an NPN transistor without allowing base voltage to be too high. Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! So I am having the exact opposite issue. Learn more Package Approved This package was approved as a trusted package on 17 Mar 2023. This works in OSD after the OS is laid down, it does not support WinPE, so if you want to update your BIOS in the WinPE stage sorry.