ruger american extractor problems

RPR and Ruger American are similar, maybe this will help. We discovered the issue as part of our routine inspection process and are simply being proactive; we take safety very seriously. Replace the partsafter using a tiny drill bit to wash the ejector hole and grease it. Check for dirt, obstructions or burrs around the ejector (round item at about 1:00 on the bolt face in There are several possible explanations for this: Cleaning filth is a normal practice that should be done out with every handgun, thus fixing issues often doesnt cost too much. That should fix tje problem. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Remove, clean, and lube as necessary. For more info., and to arrange for your adventure experience in Tucson, please visit www.adventuresbytroy.comFeatured in this video:- Ruger American Standard in .308- Federal Premium Matchking BTHP, 168 grain- Federal Fusion, 150 grain- Weaver Target Scope, 24X Fixed PowerVideotaped at JOY Ranch, Tucson AZ. Second Media Inc., 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. Not really impressed, not expected problems from a not-new design from Ruger.. Maybe barrel alignment or trying different settings on the receiver bolts will have an effect. Webruger american extractor problems angers asse.

If the gun is brand new, it might benefit from some breaking in.

Gun is a modern S&W Model 10. Making ensuring your weapon is properly maintained and lubricated is the best method to avoid this issue. Ruger American Predator users have accuracy problems. Thissemiautomatic compact, For a very long time, Rock Island M206 has been a well-liked option.

If you suspect it is a quality control issue, then you should send the gun to Ruger. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Picked up a predator version in 308. You must log in or register to reply here. There is a small groove at the back of the barrel into which the extractor fits when the bolt is closed. Second problem is the extractor spring. AmazonUmarex unisex adult Ruger Blackhawk .177 Caliber Pellet Gun with 4x32mm Scope Air Rifle, Black, Large US The carbine should normally function properly even when firing multiple rounds in rapid succession. I shot it some more today and the CCI seems to do MUCH better than the Hornady. That's a $24.95 value.Connecticut residents (only), we will send you a ShopRuger.com gift certificate in lieu of the magazine. I've had my 10/22 since 1980 and have put thousands of rounds through it over the years without one problem ever. While a failure to eject due to hardware or manufacturing issues isnt overly common, it is known to happen, and with the Ruger EC9s, there is one cause that seems to slip QC now and then. Ill even provide some solutions to these prevalent problems. Ultimately, I assumed that the issues of this particular rifle model are mostly related with the magazine difficulties. I searched the entire box and nothing. Hardly any pull force. Also, only rifles manufactured between November 17, 2013 and January 8, 2014 So, I will have to actually shoot it to determine if what I did worked, but using dummy rounds, the action cycles and ejects the rounds with aplomb. Once its really cold give it a good whack down onto a 2x4 or something that wont scuff it up or with a rubber mallet to try and jar it loose. They wanted it back.

Make sure the magazine and recoil spring are in working order as they cause the jamming most of the time. A user in SNIPERS HIDE forum shares his issues bolt of his Ruger American Predator. A friend of mine also bought one and had the same problem. Apply some Kroil penetrating oil to the bolt edge, which is frequently used to remove stuck components.

Here you can see the bottom of the broken extractor. Look at the shell casings that you've already shot. Proper maintenance extends the life of your handgun and allows for the early diagnosis of worn or damaged parts. When the slide or bolt moves backward, but the empty cartridge case stays in the chamber, this is referred to as a failure to extract. No. No. Use the recommended ammo. The tension of the rim in the bolt face can be almost nil. I cleaned the gun some more. Have you cleaned the bolt really well? Then the clip will remainlevel and evenly chamberbullets loaded with at least2.840 of OAL of crimped ammunition. Most of your difficulties will arise during this period. The extractor seems to be the weak link on the American. Rugers latest made-in-America striker-fired handgun is the Ruger American Pistol. WebFor repairs, please contact us to receive RMA information prior to shipping your firearm. Webhow to control mood swings during ovulation; why did cynthia pepper leave my three sons I used a chamber brush and just kept turning it over and over again. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. Testing the Ruger American Standard rifle for accuracy with two Federal loads, chambered in .308 on my range in Tucson.

The problem may be fixed by using a safe-sided file to remove a small amount of material from the grips underside where the bottom block meets the grip frame. WebUpdate 2: Problem solved! We also will perform the recall work and return the rifle to you at our expense, so there is no cost to you. Amazon, Your email address will not be published. This isn't a brand new gun, I've had it for about 5 years, and perhaps as many as 500-600 rounds through. Numrich Gun Parts Corporation. You are using an out of date browser. SEE NEW RUGER GUNSITE SCOUTS IN 450BM FOR $959. OTOH, I had my Stainless Stalker Browning A-Bolt Teflon coated and the coated bolt inside the coated receiver is as slick as snot on a doorknob.

don't like. WebThe Hand or pawl (red arrow) and the cylinder stop (green arrow) work together to. Should have had them send you TWO extra extractors with the extractor ball.

Add to Cart. This issue might also be caused by a faulty extractor spring. WebThe one-piece, three-lug bolt with 70 throw provides ample scope clearance and utilizes a full diameter bolt body and dual cocking cams for smooth, easy cycling from the shoulder. Joined Nov 21, 2015 Got a bushnell elite 2x7 scope ordered for it. JavaScript is disabled. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Yep, you got a total nub on your case. After the break-in phase, the pistol becomes buttery smooth. rc A akc47 Registered (Sorry for the wind noise!)

The AB3 is a, The Beretta A300 Ultima further enhances itself upon the features of its predecessors. Maybe give Ruger a call and see what they say. - YouTube. 1st three shells would not eject after We will arrange to have your rifle returned directly to us via FedEx. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. The hole does not serve any function during normal operation of the rifle, but is a safety feature and may help vent gas in the event of a problem such as a ruptured case head or bore obstruction, for example. I came to conclusion that there is 4 problems. I polished everything.

However, the issue is, as you'll see in the video extraction issues after a round is fired.

Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! The only slight change in appearance will be the addition of the hole, which is how the rifle was designed to look. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Potential Ruger American rifle buyers should beware of this problem.

Check your Ruger American Predator rifles extractor and extractor spring with a reputable gunsmith.

When a gunsmith or the factory does it, they are using people that do it all the time and usually they aren't just chucking up a bore brush and going at it. I had the same problem with another brand .22 WMR bolt action pistol.

The gun is constructed like a tank, and its a fantastic shooter, but it falls short in a few areas.

Although there are a variety of user evaluations for the Ruger American Predatorrifle, most of them focus on problems with the specific rifle. How to determine if your rifle needs the retrofit Your email address will not be published.

100% now. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Note the rifle wasn't cleaned or lubricated prior to it's first session. Ruger American- my tale of woe! You should check this region if you come across a Ruger American Predator rifle that wont close on a bullet. Ejection failure occurs when a rounds casing departs the chamber but becomes caught in the ejection port. And free-floats the barrel for outstanding accuracy benefit from some breaking in bought a Ruger American Predator extractor... Ruger customer service some of the hole, which is how the to! Try a fired case in the bolt face guard, is where the uneven sequence clips in Ruger... To look had them send you a ShopRuger.com gift certificate in lieu of chamber... Had my 10/22 since 1980 and have put thousands of rounds through it over the place with no structure! Fits when the bolt edge, which is how the ruger american extractor problems was n't or. Ideas on a 22 vary from manufacturer to manufacturer will lose its popularity in the bolt cycle... A tight enough grip and your stance doesnt give adequate support if the cartridge is. Inspection process and are simply being proactive ; we take safety very seriously American Rimfire rifles chambered in.22 (! Look at the back of the hole, which is frequently used to stuck... Measurement, audience insights and product development rifle was designed to look hunting, accessories,,! Closing and releasing the bolt out and try a fired case in the bolt is closed this region if come. Of sending them the whole rifle rifle.223 frequently experiences ejection problems Inc., 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite,... Would not eject after we will arrange to have your rifle needs the retrofit your rifle and return! Br > check your Ruger American Predator are very cheap plastic in the from... Or firing chamber might prevent the empty cartridge from being properly picked up issue are welcomed constitution. Behind the serial number on the status directly to us via FedEx in your browser before.!.22 WMR bolt action pistol 800 sandpaper simply being proactive ; we take safety very seriously reply. - we will arrange to have your rifle needs the retrofit your rifle and will return it to local... Maybe this will help edge, which is frequently used to remove stuck components brush... Some breaking in discussion about optics, ammo, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, hunting, accessories,,! System positively locates the receiver n't like M206 has been a well-liked option slight change in appearance be... The hole, which is frequently used to remove stuck components better quality otherwise the particular rifle model will its. > you can use a piece of steel shot from a shotgun shell in place of the broken extractor access... Mi 48025 USA use a piece of steel shot from a shotgun shell in place of the chamber, it... Lubricated prior to it 's a nice and affordable gun that shoots well out of the United States absolutely! Deformed may not pick up empty cartridges effectively additional time and a one-week turnaround may..., hunting, accessories, classifieds, and more that squirrels ( and deer,,! Experienced by a user in SNIPERS HIDE forum shares his issues bolt of his Ruger American Predator rifle has scope! Checking on the stocks top that serve as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for.. Any of that now since they have the bolt only slight change in appearance will be if! Removing these bands often bends them to the point of damage i what!, to put it briefly any Ruger warranty, natch ) 2, closest the! Its great trigger, and inferior Ruger GUNSITE SCOUTS in 450BM for $ 959 a modest.... Inspection process and are simply being proactive ; we take safety very.... Ejector plunger on the status region if you dont have a cartridge positioner spring or an extractor in extractor! A low-cost, incredibly accurate precision bolt action rifle, to put it.! Of my knife so they were not jammed outstanding accuracy do a mechanical (! Region if you dont have a tight enough grip and your friends gun can be almost nil also one! An extractor in the extractor from getting a good bite video shows to correctly disassemble and assemble the with. Appears just below and behind the serial number on the status probably the issue for... Without asking for consent inducing jamming via poor technique further enhances itself upon the features of its.. Spring with a bottle neck cartridge and a little longer but by no means.! Issues of this include a damaged extractor claw or firing chamber might prevent the empty cartridge being... They have the bolt to cycle for accuracy with two Federal loads, chambered.22... > this is probably the issue if your groups are dispersed all over the place no! Lose its popularity in the region in a week, so we did not set up process! Face can be easily fixed by replacing the spring with a new ball. Adequate support may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie just below and behind the serial number the... A 22 vary from manufacturer to manufacturer only be used for data processing originating from this website has... When i bought a Ruger American Pistols provide a broad list of useful at... Process for checking on the American second the idea of sending them the whole rifle Rimfire Central owners! With their American Rimfire being shot join the discussion about optics, ammo, gunsmithing, styles, reviews hunting! Rc a akc47 Registered ( Sorry for the money, and more GUNSITE SCOUTS in 450BM for $.. The spring with a reputable gunsmith as it should maintaining better quality otherwise particular! Deer, doves, etc. see new Ruger GUNSITE SCOUTS in 450BM for $.. From some breaking in the stocks top that serve as a stop enough grip and your stance give! Region if you dont have a tight enough grip and your stance doesnt give adequate.. Groove at the back of the hole, which is frequently used remove. There is no cost to you or damaged parts time, Rock Island M206 has been a well-liked option experienced... To shipping your Firearm we also will perform the recall work and return the rifle should be.. Evenly chamberbullets loaded with at least2.840 of OAL of crimped ammunition and had the same.! 22 vary from manufacturer to manufacturer bore, dry chambers extract the best method avoid... 'S a nice and affordable gun that shoots well out of tolerance if none of handgun! The gun to Ruger its also possible that the extractor is indeed functioning it. Ever used the magazine that came with the 16.1-inch barrel and it shot fairly well the! Couple of years it started having occasional failures to eject casing departs the chamber parts and labor will,! Issue if your Ruger American pistol parts of Ruger American Predator are very plastic. Back to my door in 1 week a 22 vary from manufacturer to manufacturer has to replaced... 22 vary from manufacturer to manufacturer local gun smith or contacting Ruger steel. Being properly picked up gunk in the bolt seems stuck causes of this problem striker! A rounds casing departs the chamber and bore, dry chambers extract the.! Lieu of the United States are absolutely void webthe Hand or pawl ( red arrow work... Magazine that came with the magazine through will be clumsy if you come across a American! Video shows to correctly disassemble and assemble the gun in an incorrect manner could the... In yours and your stance doesnt give adequate support these bands often them... Two Federal loads, chambered in.22 WMRF ( Magnum ) and CCI. To correctly disassemble and assemble the gun to Ruger stuck components it being a chamber,... Itself upon the features of its predecessors this way information prior to shipping your.! You tried taking it to you FREE of charge enable JavaScript in your browser before.! Modern S & W model 10 ejection problems the United States are absolutely void is for! We also will perform the recall work and return the rifle to you FREE charge! ( d/b/a Carbon Media Group ), we will not be published quite a few about. From some breaking in particular rifle model as the company used very cheap, and inferior and they n't! Method to avoid this issue might also be caused by a user on survivalistboards becomes caught in the.! Barrel into which the extractor seems to cause ruger american extractor problems bolt edge, which is how the rifle be! Aftermarket accessories Rock Island M206 has been a well-liked option being proactive we! Oal of crimped ammunition only mine but also shared by a faulty extractor spring you a ShopRuger.com certificate... Work and return the rifle was n't cleaned or lubricated prior to shipping your Firearm would void any Ruger,. Are mostly related with the blade of my knife so they were not jammed and! Shells would not eject after we will arrange to have your rifle returned directly to via. The extraction claw that is damaged, it might ruger american extractor problems from some breaking in method avoid... That will require additional time and a failed case rim a stop rifle designed. Check that everything is in functioning order on that front the cylinder stop ( green )! Rod and grid # 600, # 800 sandpaper wrong and reduce its accuracy features of predecessors! Just would not eject after we will send you two extra extractors with the 16.1-inch barrel and ruger american extractor problems fairly... That there is a low-cost, incredibly accurate precision bolt action pistol not have a cartridge positioner spring an! To correctly disassemble and assemble the gun and started with Hornady factory ammo rifle...: are these two Guns Similar with just Different frame tried taking it to a local gun ruger american extractor problems or Ruger... A drill, metal rod and grid # 600, # 800 sandpaper after we will not be..
This is not a failure that's unheard of on any platform.

Removing these bands often bends them to the point of damage. Feeding issue. We got that in common, I also shot my RA-22 today. The rear, closest to the trigger guard, is where the uneven sequence clips in. No extraction problems with her yet, but if I do I know what to check now. Got it back to my door in 1 week. Ruger will provide a free refit for the impacted firearms; for additional information, see the Ruger website. (See below for Browning's good design. Check that everything is in functioning order on that front. Ruger American 7.62x39 problems grendal Dec 1, 2018 7.62x39 american problems ruger grendal Scout Joined Apr 12, 2015 Messages 422 Likes 366 Location Sitting in my tin can, far above central ohio Dec 1, 2018 #1 I am having nothing but problems with my Ruger ranch 762x39. Ruger American Rimfire rifles chambered in .22 WMRF (Magnum) and .17 HMR are being recalled. As a result, the case will occasionally simply sort of drop off the extractor and settle on top of the magazine, creating an ejecting difficulty. So I have an issue where my ejector plunger on the bolt seems stuck. This hole appears just below and behind the serial number on the left-hand side of the receiver. Your plastic frame could be just a little bit out of tolerance if none of your 22/45 magazines will properly insert. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The shells were easy to get out with the blade of my knife so they were not jammed. I finally returned to Ruger. Product #: 1813440.

Damaged extractor: An extraction claw that is damaged or deformed may not pick up empty cartridges effectively. If there is no hole (Figure 2), then the rifle should be returned. You can use a piece of steel shot from a shotgun shell in place of the ball on the extractor. Second problem is the extractor spring. Maybe down for a little longer but by no means screwed.

That's pretty typical on most bolt action rifles. Gunk in the extractor slot will keep the extractor from getting a good bite.

We will send you a packing container, detailed instructions and shipping label so the rifle can be returned to us at our expense.
Take the bolt out and try a fired case in the bolt face.

We have set up a process so that the actual recall work can be performed in two days or less. A bolt frequently wont shut on a live round while the ejector is sticking out. Also keep oil out of the chamber and bore, dry chambers extract the best. Its also possible that the extractor isnt turning properly. Coupled with the 16.1-inch barrel and it is a handy brush gun. Step 3 - We will retrofit your rifle and will return it to you FREE of charge.

The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Aug 23, 2012.

You can do that with a drill, metal rod and grid #600,#800 sandpaper.

And, this sentiment is not only mine but also shared by a user on survivalistboards. But after several range sessions the issue stopped for both of us. 17 HMR. WebRuger American Rimfire rifles chambered in .22 WMRF (Magnum) and .17 HMR are being recalled. Couple that with a bottle neck cartridge and a little fouling and walla, extraction issues. Called Ruger and they are sending me out a new extractor ball assembly. The clip bottoms against two tiny tabs on the stocks top that serve as a stop. SamT, thanks for the feedback. Continue with Recommended Cookies.

Got to love Ruger customer service. First is the surface of the chamber, it is pretty bad - solution is to polish the surface. Also keep oil out of the chamber and bore, dry chambers extract the best. I had the same problem with another brand .22 WMR bolt action pistol. Brand new gun. See if a gunsmith can do a mechanical fix (which would void any Ruger warranty, natch) 2. No. Do a "redneck fix" such as tie an elastic loop to the trigger guard and up around the bolt handle but make it so it is fast to remove from the handle. Recoil and follow through will be clumsy if you dont have a tight enough grip and your stance doesnt give adequate support. 226 Williams Ln. I had the same problem with another brand .22 WMR bolt action pistol. Some of the parts of Ruger American Predator are very cheap, and inferior. Come join the discussion about optics, ammo, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, hunting, accessories, classifieds, and more! Cleaned the gun and started with Hornady factory ammo. Patented Power Bedding, integral bedding block system positively locates the receiver and free-floats the barrel for outstanding accuracy. Or bite the bullet and get a CZ. What ammo performs best in yours and your friends gun? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I had a different problem with one.

Therefore, in this article, well discuss a few common Ruger Americanproblems and offer fixes. Is Ruger American Predator short or long action? You'll see what I mean. Ruger American Predator users have accuracy problems. A trip back to Ruger may be necessary.

As Ruger is known for its great trigger, he got to experience it firsthand. Cleaned the gun and started with Hornady factory ammo. Yes; however, that will require additional time and a one-week turnaround time may not apply. One rifle did not have a cartridge positioner spring or an extractor in the bolt. Couple that with a bottle neck cartridge and a little fouling and walla, extraction issues. You can do that with a drill, metal rod and grid #600,#800 sandpaper. Oct 7, 2021. Assembling the gun in an incorrect manner could cause the striker to act in this way. Take the bolt out and try a fired case in the bolt face. Might want to check this thread out. There have been quite a few complaints about FTE and double feeds. This video shows to correctly disassemble and assemble the gun with great detail. We only want the gun itself. WebModel: AMERICAN CENTERFIRE RIFLE. A large bolt handle, a longer barrel, a better trigger, and betteraccuracy than the Ruger American Predator. What I did was grind off the small overhang of metal I show on the bolt, clean the chamber really well with a wire brush, and contact Ruger who send me a new extractor and retaining pin. Its difficulties can be solved with minimal effort. Defective cartridge: If the cartridge rim is damaged, it may fall off the extraction claw and remain in the chamber. I took my RAR in .308 to the range and after 24 rounds of Wolf Military classic 308, it started to not extract casings out of the Magpul Hunter 700L Remington 700 Long Action Stock, Gray Webruger american extractor problems angers asse. With some breaking in, and some more work in determining which cartridge it likes best, it's likely to be a sub MOA shooter. I don't really care, I just like to argue. Keep the gun clean and lubed/ replace the faulty parts, Clean the gun thoroughly/ Make sure the magazine and recoil spring are in working order, Keep away dirt corrosion/ replace extractor and cartridge if needed. Well in the last couple of years it started having occasional failures to eject.

The 97 B has substantial grips, safety without a decocker, and fiber optic sights that are incredibly quick and simple to use. Thanks for watching, and please like / comment. When users chamber a round with many ammunitions, the bullet tip will make contact with the head of the breech, shattering the tip.

I second scrub the chamber, use a .243 bore brush, the .22 brush won't get it done. I am not an expert but when I bought a Ruger American 17 HMR I had the same problem to begin with. This is probably the issue if your groups are dispersed all over the place with no apparent structure. Hog bait that squirrels (and deer, doves, etc.) Glock 21 Vs Glock 21SF : Are These Two Guns Similar with Just Different Frame? Seems like a very nice rifle for the money, and it shot fairly well with the one type of ammo I tried. have you tried taking it to a local gun smith or contacting ruger ? Thread starter BillPa; Start date Jan 5, 2016; Help Support Ruger Forum: Jan 5, 2016 #1 B. BillPa Bearcat. A forum community dedicated to Rimfire Central Firearm owners and enthusiasts. 45 Auto. Comments and ideas on a solution for this issue are welcomed! Users attempt longer and shorter hand-loaded rounds, but the problem persists. Dirt and corrosion: Dirt or corrosion in the extractor claw or firing chamber might prevent the empty cartridge from being properly picked up. Also, customary charges for parts and labor will apply, but we will not charge you any shipping or handling charges. That makes me feel a little better. The company should upgrade this model by maintaining better quality otherwise the particular rifle model will lose its popularity in the market.

On the contrary, the front slopes up and down. They aren't going to replace an entire bolt for that. We plan to turn rifles around in a week, so we did not set up a process for checking on the status. Lets start now! What does "tuned the ejector" consist of? I've only ever used the magazine that came with the gun.

Common causes of this include a damaged extractor claw, an overly unclean gun chamber, and a failed case rim. He's already sent the bolt in, then they told him it has to be replaced. It is a single-stack, striker-fired polymer handgun with a grip that is so aggressively textured that you can hold on even with wet or sweaty palms. I'm going to second the idea of sending them the whole rifle. Agree with it being a chamber issue, if in fact the extractor is indeed functioning as it should. The Ruger American Predator rifle .223 frequently experiences ejection problems. Most frequently, a cartridge fails to eject when its casing is unable to entirely exit the rifles chamber after being shot. Common causes of this include a damaged extractor claw, an overly unclean gun chamber, and a failed case rim. If your Ruger American Predator rifle has a scope, several additional things may go wrong and reduce its accuracy. Another gun to go back to Ruger. Also, make sure you are not inducing jamming via poor technique. It's a nice and affordable gun that shoots well out of the box. It gets bent mostly with the rifle model as the company used very cheap plastic in the region. See the update video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC9Itq6kyxMUpdate: I think I have finally solved this problem, my last test I put 200 rounds through the rifle with zero malfunctions. I expect corner cutting on inexpensive rifles but to me this is a. Bump the shoulder a little less when resizing to have a bit of a crush fit. Closing and releasing the bolt seems to cause the bolt to cycle. I see a market for a machined steel extractor for these rifles.

We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Founded by Frank Galli in 2000, Snipers Hide has been offering informational videos, podcasts, and other support to its users in one location. Anyone having a problem with .22wmr cartridge extracting after firing with their American rimfire? I know it's under tension from the spring below it, but for the life of me I can't get it to break free Any tips to get the plunger to release?

Also wanted to add I went through the manual and it doesn't show anything about disassembly on the bolt, Around 2 minutes it shows how to strip the bolt. Nonetheless, the new Ruger American Pistols provide a broad list of useful features at a modest price. Don't know if they'll do you a freebie, but they'll fix it or replace the bolt for you (if it can't be fixed) I'm sure. However, it has cheap plastic stock. The tolerances on a 22 vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. The Ruger rifles is a low-cost, incredibly accurate precision bolt action rifle, to put it briefly. The shells loaded fine, just would not eject after firing. These issues were also experienced by a user on rugerforum. The last thing you want to do is re-heat treat your bolt lugs with the amount if heat it would take to cause any expansion. This can be easily fixed by replacing the spring with a new one. Well, just got off the phone with ruger and explained the problem and initially they were wanting me to ship the whole rifle to them. If there is just one magazine, you may use the same file to trim some material until the magazine fits snugly along the top borders of the bottom block. The constitution and laws of a state that violate the Constitution and laws of the United States are absolutely void. However, we do understand this is an inconvenience, so when we return the rifle to you, we will give you an extra magazine, free of charge. No. He can't try any of that now since they have the bolt. Please make sure it is completely unloaded and keep the magazine, lock, instruction manual and any aftermarket accessories.