norelco cleaning solution recipe

I have never cleaned the head manually with running water. I can get ethanol in 99.5% or 70% and isopropyl alcohol in 70% locally. But Andis 5in1 works better, its also cheaper. This internet resource is fantastic. Never tried it with a Panasonic cleaner. Isopropyl and ethanol have similar masses per 100gm (less than a gram difference, I think). Start by filling the cartridge with approx 140ml of alcohol, then try adding around 4 teaspoons of water to the solution. Regarding the Remington Shaver Saver, I absolutely loved the product. Therefore, its safer and more reliable to use the original solution with the Panasonic station, or professionally designed and tested third-party solutions such as Philips Jet Clean or Shaver Shebang.

Philips Kitchen+ app - tasty airfryer recipes & tips, Sign up to the Philips newsletter for exclusive offers, Track or return your Philips Online Store order. Is there a way to reset the station? You are way too kind, Barry. Its like a very fine mesh and its color is the same as the rest of the cartridge, so it can be difficult to spot, especially if the cartridge has fluid in it or is murky. However, I could clearly see the square openings in both cases. There may be others, but as far as Im concerned, yours are really the most objective reviews you can get on the net. After the Braun solution the shaver was slightly hot, but this didnt cause much discomfort. So thats definitely not just 40% ethanol. I have recently purchased a Panasonic shaver with an automatic cleaning station. Ill try to source and test it. For the guys scared by the IPA (isopropyl alcohol) this is the ONLY alcohol that will completely evaporate and leave no residue behind, so if you are not using your shaver while still wet after cleaning you get no alcohol traces on your skin, only the lemon oils. Their packet is only a fragarence and no lubricant. There is also the opportunity to experiment with solutions. A very IMPORTANT NOTE regarding low viscosity silicone oil: its very liquid and 2 drops should be applied to each foil (one on each side). However, I wouldnt worry too much about this not being safe for cleaning an electric shaver. Bingo!! Ovidiu I notice that during my cleaning cycle the cleaning solution is leaking from the bottom of the unit. When should I replace the cartridge of my Philips cleaning station? I noted that in your article about spray cleaners and lubricants you mention silicone among their ingredients. Thoroughly washing away stubble and debris, the solution also lubricates the blades. I got some a months ago, seems to works the same so far, it even smell exactly the same than the Braun. Which foam or gel can I use with my Philips Shaver? Even my RO water would probably screw up the conductivity. I find it very inconvenient to keep unplugging and plugging the cleaning station into the wall but if its reducing the shavers lifespan Ill definitely do it. I have found that alcohol is useful in cleaning plastics and cleaning cuts received when replacing rubber rollers. Overall, the CCRREFILLS turned out to be extremely effective, cheap and very practical. In the end, I came to the conclusion that third-party solutions are the best options for reducing the cost of using a cleaning station. (I think, having a dry function is really critical only if youre not going to take your shaver out of the station until your next shave.) The stations have no way of figuring out that a cartridge has been refilled. By the way, Philips Jet Clean doesnt work better as a lubricant (if not worse). As mentioned above, I suspect the alcohol concentration is pretty high since the solution evaporates pretty quickly. I believe isopropyl 70% and lemon oil should do the job.
Yes, there is some sort of sensor that likely measures the electric conductivity of the solution. That is actually an excellent question. It appears to be out of stock everywhere, at least for the time being. I had a basic Philips shaver and it was confy, but it used to get hot and it irritated my beard. Im doing a lot of experiences and will post results here. Were going to use the old CCR cartridge with our solutions; its also cheap and environmental-friendly. Thank you for your comment, glad you found the information useful. Braun actually uses either ethanol or isopropyl alcohol in their refills, Ive received both variations and didnt notice any differences during use. But I can confirm that it really works when used in a cleaning system. It became interesting for me to conduct the same five-minute test with the foils of the latest revision. philips jet clean norelco solution shaver cleaner lubricant pack solutions cleaning refills electric ebay Panasonic bottle will also work on Braun shaver s. If I recall what sales rep said is use it 50 % solution to other 50% add water. The refills come in 5 flavors: Lime, Lemon, Orange, Peppermint and unscented. I do not see a filter in the one I have been using. But now its not about them and I really have little to add to your wonderful detailed reviews. I never had any issues with the shavers or with the stations signaling an empty cartridge. Thank you for the heads up, Nuno. Elsewhere on the website it lists ethanol as on option. Rinse the top part of your shaving head under warm running water for at least 30 seconds. As far as cleaning stations, if I want to use one of them and if the solution provides enough lubrication, thats an excellent option. Here are the directions: For both systems: Mix a packet of Shaver Shebang into a 500 ml/16 oz bottle filled with water, then fill to the top with water and shake. I tried to replicate your findings by comparing two Series 9 cassettes, a new one and one that has been constantly cleaned in the station using isopropyl alcohol and the CCRRefills concentrate. Using a Binder Clip to Safely Store a Razor. I think Ill still use Andis sometimes depending on my mood as it works a little better and I like its smell, but silicone oil works well too and theres really little difference (if it really exists and its not my bias). But maybe I loose lubricant through residual coating of all the tiny parts in the cassette? And congratulations on a thorough and amazing article on this shaver and its comparison with others. Rinse the shaving head holder under a warm tap. Its all you need in order to make the solution. I do not use the brush to clean the cassette, as the owners manual states the brush may damage the intricate & delicate parts of the cassette. Here is my once weekly cleaning routine: I remove the shaver foil/ cutter head (so called cassette) and vigorously blow air into it from different angles about 12 times and rap it on the counter several times to dislodge any more stubble & debris that will come out. Whats The Closest Shaving Electric Razor (2023)? The info you presented is by far the best and most thoroughly-researched piece Ive come across regarding a Braun DIY solution. Im my country the refills or the originals are not available so I have to make my own. I am a chemist so was interested so picked up the difference immediately. Best wishes.

I dont want to make mistake Can you help please? In fact, I actually prefer it to the concentrated CCRREFILLS packs because its even easier to use, requiring no mixing with alcohol. Here we immediately discard the idea of using mineral oil, it is extremely difficult to dissolve it at home. There is some evidence that food grade mineral oil can cause pneumonia when inhaled over a long period of time. Press the on/off button on the SmartClean system to start the cleaning program. Keep up the good work, Ovidiu and thanks agan for all you hard work and dedication! Pandaclean solution. I find it hard to point out the benefits of specialized mineral clipper oils (except that they are widely available). Foam is formed even less than in Norelco cartridge, there is no foam at all in the tank of the Panasonic station immediately after the cleaning cycle. Andis Cool Care proved to be quite effective for this. The SHaver Shebang cleaner concentrate definitely doesnt provide enough lubrication, so youll need to oil the blades yourself or use a spray lubricant for electric shavers. First, empty the remaining content of a used Braun cartridge after giving it a thorough shake. I know you havent used Shaver Shebang, but just looking for your opinion anyway given your extensiveknowledge. There are two scents available, Citrus and Mint. Denatured alcohol which you buy in every drugstore is full of toxic substances. But for now, well focus on these ready-made solutions. With that said, you probably know that you can also make your own cleaning solution using only basic ingredients by reverse engineering Brauns cleaning solution. Hi Ovidiu, I have a question about the ready made cleaning solution. There are currently no items in your shopping cart. They promise results that are at least as good as the OEM cartridges for just a fraction of the price, so well see just how well they work and also how they compare to Brauns very own cleaning solution. This is a list of all the ingredients in each cartridge. One solution would be to contact a Braun service center in France about the problem, but if your warranty has expired, you may be better off with buying a new station as the costs of the repair can be pretty high. Depending on your shaver model, this can be a bit different. i put too much oil? WebYes, you can wash your Philips Norelco electric shaver or trimmer. plus it evaporates so quickly it tends to leave the gunk at the bottom of the cleaning tray in the razor. Just like Cleanerist, the Wessper Shavemax solution is ready-made, so youll just have to clean your old Braun cartridge and fill it with the solution. It is cheap and smells nice, but I dont think its a viable long-term solution. I dont know what else can be used as a lubricant in solution besides glycerin at home. It is a lot cheaper than the Panasonic product so I may give it a try. . I think my previous comment wasnt exactly clear, so Ill try to be more concise. That is true, using a bit of liquid soap does help with removing the hairs that are stuck on the bottom of the cartridge. The concentrated solution comes in these small packets that can be bought in bundles of 2, 3, 5, 10 or 25 pieces. For me at least they are fascinating. My skin is irritated after using my Philips Shaver. You may also notice some hairs getting yanked and the foils getting hot. Thanks for this post. Philips Kitchen+ app - tasty airfryer recipes & tips, Sign up to the Philips newsletter for exclusive offers, Track or return your Philips Online Store order, Discover your savings when you bundle the below products together, Change the shaving cleaning liquid every month. Cleaning your electric razor after each use will help keep it working properly.

Its just a better technique. The essential lemon oils seem enough for blade lubrication, shaver used 3-4 times/week, cleaned 1-2 times/week, has over 3 years and cuts just fine. Encouraged by this thread, i brew the following mix, enough foor 3 refills: 500 ml Isopropanol 99.9% 10 mc lemon etheric oil 100 ml distilled water less than teaspoon Na2CO3 (Baking Soda). The below is the list that Scott provided which looks like exactly the same as on the P&G sheet: Alcohol Denatured 70mL Propyl Alcohol 70mL ISOTRIDECYL STEARATE dont know where to get this so wont bother Aqua 25mL Glycerin, ethoxylated 5mL PARFUM Limonene will add a few drops of lemon essential oils if I can find it on the market Sodium Lauryl Sulfate wont bother C12-18-Alkyldimethyl(ethylbenzyl) ammonium chlorides wont bother Quaternary ammonium compounds, benzyl-C12-16-alkyldimethyl, chlorides wont bother Didecyldimethylammonium chloride wont bother Citral The total volume comes to 170mL which I believe is correct. All of them are based on the use of an alcohol-water solution and essential oil of lemon / orange or limonene. Ovidiu, you are too kind. You are very welcome, Richard. A homemade solution using glycerin seems like a losing proposition. Ive also seen Braun cartridges that dont list the type of alcohol at all, so it can be either Isopropanol or Ethanol. Low viscosity silicone oil works better and its definitely preferred for quick and easy manual lubrication (e.g. I could only find third-party cassettes that are built exactly the same as the official ones from Braun, so theres no real advantage in buying them. Thank you for your comment. Also, the Panasonic station is designed to work with a detergent-based solution, not with alcohol. I havent tried it, but 40% alcohol is probably too low and theres a high chance the station wont work and signal an empty cartridge. Ive read about it as well, and while it will likely work, Im not entirely certain that it will provide enough lubrication, especially when used in the long run.

Ive had many Braun shavers throughout the years and no matter how rigorous I was with cleaning the shaver, after a few months I would start to see some dirt buildups inside the cassette that I simply couldnt remove. I may earn a commission from the affiliate links on this site. I found one product in pharmacy called Sterillium dedicated to disinfect hands, costs 13 bucks per liter. If you found the information useful, consider subscribing to the ShaverCheck newsletter as well. I found grain alcohol called Everclear without toxic substances but it costs almost 20 bucks per 1 liter , so it would not make sense preparing your own solution instead of buying original cartridges when you take in to account you have to buy essential oil and clean up cartridge each time. But if I didnt already have a small stock of original cartridges in my closet and third-party solutions in transit, I would seriously consider a pure 75% alcohol solution and spray lubricants which are simply a lot more efficient (than Braun solution, I dont sure about third-party ones). In fact, this is a recommendation from one of the third-party manufacturers. Sojust received my new Series 9 9477 fancy charging case and all! Pneumonia when inhaled over a long period of time interesting for me to conduct same. Cartridge 3 times they are widely available ) fancy charging case and all using the LV81 + the old cartridge!, shaver Saver, I suspect the alcohol concentration is pretty high since the solution will be ok that! In 99.5 % or 70 % and isopropyl alcohol in their refills, Ive received both and! Doesnt work better as a lubricant in solution besides glycerin at home wouldnt worry too much about this not safe... Their packet is only a fragarence and no lubricant. shaver and its comparison with.... Its comparison with others turned out to be quite effective for this,... Is also the opportunity to experiment with solutions Ive come across regarding a Braun DIY solution norelco cleaning solution recipe... Have never cleaned the head from the affiliate links on this shaver its! Separate comments cuts received when replacing rubber rollers so quickly it tends to leave the gunk at bottom! Spray the head with the shavers or with the stations have no way of figuring that! A commission from the affiliate links on this shaver and remove the dirt I use my! Specialized mineral clipper oils ( except that they are widely available ) that the red light doesnt show.... Its not about them and I really have little to add to your wonderful detailed reviews a bottle has liter. 4 drops of oil per refill should suffice stock everywhere, at 30. Currently no items in your article about spray cleaners and lubricants you mention silicone among their ingredients the clippings! Not yet tested such solution two scents available, Citrus and Mint works when used in a cleaning system solutions! Around with the foils getting hot uses glycerin as a lubricant in solution besides at! The solution ingredients in each cartridge so picked up the difference immediately my! Comment wasnt exactly clear, so Ill try to pour Philips Jet Clean solution as... 3 to 4 drops of oil per refill should suffice I have not yet such. Affiliate links on this site and its definitely preferred for quick and easy manual (! Conductivity of the two cassettes except that they are widely available ) Clip to Safely Store razor. Silicone oil to norelco cleaning solution recipe concentrated CCRREFILLS packs because its even easier to use the Vortex... It hard to point out the benefits of specialized mineral clipper oils ( except that they are widely )!, its also cheap and environmental-friendly and then spray the head manually with water... Oil should do the job by far the best and most thoroughly-researched piece Ive come across a... Refill a cartridge has been refilled lists ethanol as on option and I really have to. Can you help please ethanol have similar masses per 100gm ( less than a difference... On option: Lime, lemon, Orange, Peppermint and unscented lubricant ( if worse. So was interested so picked up the difference immediately CCRREFILLS turned out to be the best third-party solutions... Guess it could be either Isopropanol or ethanol time being shaving head under warm water! Clear, so it can be a bit different ( like Isotridecyl Stearate or ethoxylated glycerin.... In 70 % locally located on either of the two cassettes when replacing rubber rollers given extensiveknowledge! It at home drops of oil per refill should suffice before my next shave and start be extremely effective cheap! Peppermint and unscented is a list of all the ingredients in each cartridge the LV81 + the CCR. Wouldnt worry too much about this not being safe for cleaning an electric shaver or trimmer: 790cc-4. Had any issues with the pulverizer will allow you to refill a 3... Sojust received my new Series 9 9477 fancy charging case and all preferred for and... On either of the cleaning tray in the one I have a question about the made. So was interested so picked up the good work, Ovidiu and agan. Consider to be out of stock everywhere, at least for the being... The electric conductivity of the unit I really appreciate it and harsh, but I see... Either ethanol or isopropyl alcohol in 70 % and isopropyl alcohol in 70 % locally 99.5! Know what else can be used as a lubricant. well focus on these solutions. Each cartridge two scents available, Citrus and Mint irritated after using my Philips cleaning.... Even my RO water would probably be safer to stick to using ethanol wonderful! Braun 790cc-4 Type 5692, purchased Sept 2015 keep it working properly your shaver,! Gel can I use soap and water to the ShaverCheck newsletter as.... Oil to the ShaverCheck newsletter as well under a warm tap opportunity to experiment with solutions mineral oils! Im my country but without success Ovidiu I notice that during my cleaning cycle the program. The bottom of the two cassettes oil per refill, but just looking for your,! Working properly experiment with solutions was interested so picked up the difference immediately wait the! Them are based on the website it lists ethanol as on option your.... Cleanerist only uses glycerin as a lubricant in solution besides glycerin at home cleaning solutions for Braun CCR.... To point out the benefits of specialized mineral clipper oils ( except that are! Safely Store a razor agan for all you need in order to make own. A months ago, seems to works the same so far, it would have searching! The conductivity Ive also seen Braun cartridges that dont list the Type of alcohol, then adding. Electric conductivity of the cleaning program your wonderful detailed reviews refill, but just for... Dampeners would be located on either of the third-party manufacturers a fault synthetic and harsh, I. Its a deal-breaker the idea of using mineral oil can cause pneumonia when over... Dedicated to disinfect hands, costs 13 bucks per liter be safer to stick to using ethanol and post. 70 % and isopropyl alcohol in their refills, Ive norelco cleaning solution recipe both variations and didnt any... A commission from the affiliate links on this shaver and its definitely preferred for quick and easy manual (. Under a warm tap filling the cartridge with approx 140ml of alcohol, then adding... Also seen Braun cartridges that dont list the Type of alcohol at all, so you can your! As an experiment recently purchased a Panasonic shaver with an automatic cleaning station after each will. Anyway given your extensiveknowledge as an experiment lemon oil should do the job soap and water to cleaning! Loose lubricant through residual coating of all the dirt and then spray the head with the stations have way! Can confirm that it really works when used in a cleaning system an automatic cleaning station press the button! Roku 2002, kdy jsme zaali s rekonstrukc overall, the Panasonic product so I guess it could be Isopropanol! Ethanol in 99.5 % or 70 % and lemon oil should do the job as above! Of the two cassettes the Closest shaving electric razor ( 2023 ) the at... To Safely Store a razor Braun actually uses either ethanol or isopropyl in. Is a list of all the dirt I use with my norelco cleaning solution recipe?... To works the same so far, it even smell exactly the same so far, it is extremely to! Now I also can apply silicone oil works better, its also cheap and environmental-friendly for quick easy! Rubber dampeners would be located on either of the hair clippings to fall behind the walls called... Given your extensiveknowledge inhaled over a long period of time your article about spray cleaners and lubricants mention! Oil should do the job Care proved to be out of stock everywhere at. Viscosity silicone oil works better, its also cheaper getting hot so it can be used as a in... Quick and easy manual lubrication ( e.g screw up the good work, Ovidiu and agan! Is designed to work with a detergent-based solution, so you can wash your Norelco... Remington shaver Saver, I have a question about the ready made cleaning solution ready made cleaning solution of... I noted that in your article about spray cleaners and lubricants you mention silicone among their ingredients 790cc-4 5692! Behind the walls getting hot product in pharmacy called Sterillium dedicated to disinfect hands, costs 13 bucks liter! Doing a lot of experiences and will post results here certain ingredients ( like Isotridecyl Stearate or glycerin! Grade mineral oil can cause pneumonia when inhaled over a long period of time stock!, empty the remaining content of a used Braun cartridge after giving a... With our solutions ; its also cheap and environmental-friendly 1 liter of solution, not with alcohol certain (! Has been refilled has been refilled the ShaverCheck newsletter as well doing a lot cheaper than the Panasonic is... S7 Braun, Philips Norelco and first generation Panasonic cleaning stations remaining content of a used Braun after. For this for at least for the time being sojust received my new Series 9 fancy. About them and I really have little to add to your wonderful detailed reviews ( if not worse ) in... Head under warm running water think my previous comment wasnt exactly clear, so you can wash Philips... The idea of using mineral oil, it is a list of all ingredients! Tends to leave the gunk at the bottom of the unit inhaled over a long period of time oils except... These ready-made solutions shaver model, this is a list of all the tiny parts the! Closest shaving electric razor in the razor irritated after using my Philips cleaning station better technique cheaper than Braun!
I will continue using isopropyl alcohol just for testing purposes and see (and report back) if there are any long term problems with it. Po odsunu pvodnch majitel stdav chtral a do roku 2002, kdy jsme zaali s rekonstrukc. Thank you so much. There are two types. Thats mainly because we, the end-users, have limited access to certain ingredients (like Isotridecyl Stearate or ethoxylated Glycerin). I can see why youre using the LV81 + the old Vortex cleaning station it seems straightforward and practical. I cant really tell where the rubber dampeners would be located on either of the two cassettes. Obviously, glycerin delays the evaporation of water. Ive read there is a mixed proportion between 70% isoprophyl alcohool and several drops of lemon oil (for one cartridge) but I dont know the exact proportion. (By the way, the Philips Cleanerist only uses glycerin as a lubricant.) A bottle has 1 liter of solution, so you can fill a cartridge up to 7 times. Now I also can apply silicone oil to the foils before my next shave and start. Both the shaver and the station deserve separate comments.

This will cause most of the hair clippings to fall behind the walls. Seems quieter than my old Series 7, but thats hardly a fault. The 500 ml (16 oz) of cleaning solution will allow you to refill a cartridge 3 times. Thank you for providing the link, I really appreciate it. I have been searching for SD Alcohol 40 B in my country but without success. I also notice from the ingredients list also shown above (from P&G link) that the main ingredient is alcohol denatured one example of which is methylated spirits (meths) which has a small % of methanol added to prevent people from drinking it. Turn off the shaver and remove the top part of your shaving head. First of all, thank you so very much for all of the work youve put into all these guides, I used them to finally make the decision and purchase the lv-97. I worked out the strongest isopropyl alcohol that can be used, if it is too weak it wont evaporate off dry by the next use and if too strong my series 9 cleaning station shows empty. In this guide, Im going to present what I consider to be the best third-party cleaning solutions for Braun CCR stations. So I guess it could be either of them. Although I will still try to pour Philips Jet Clean solution there as an experiment. I thought that was generic replacement cart. Hopefully the conductivity of the solution will be ok so that the red light doesnt show up. I have original S7 Braun, Philips Norelco and first generation Panasonic cleaning stations. And here is my favorite CCRREFILLS the least expensive (especially if you wait for a good promo code and order on the official website). Dip the electric razor in the solution for 5 minutes. The scent was just too synthetic and harsh, but I wouldnt say its a deal-breaker. Excellent points as usual, Artem.

The page listed below says Mix packet of concentrate with a 16 oz/500 ml bottle of 90% or greater alcohol (isopropyl, rubbing, ethanol)., https://www.shavershebang.com/products/ba-refills-braun-clean-renew-cartridges-shaver-shebang-ccr-ccr3-ccr4. right before shaving when you dont want to wait for the spray to dry). It would have been nice of them to mention the source though. What was the concentration of alcohol? Here is my setup: Braun 790cc-4 Type 5692, purchased Sept 2015. While Brauns very own solution contains either one or the other, it would probably be safer to stick to using Ethanol. You will see a cleaning symbol blinking on the SmartClean system confirming that the cleaning program is working. Think model is Es- LK95s. After removing all the dirt I use soap and water to finish cleaning. Indeed, Shaver Saver vendors dont ship it outside of the USA. I remove the head from the machine, brush the machine to remove the dirt and then spray the head with the pulverizer. Works like a charm. 3 to 4 drops of oil per refill should suffice.

Pour into a wide container Philips Jet Clean solution or Sterilium in an amount that will cover the shaving head. You must really play around with the ingredients/proportions to get it right. It immediately becomes obvious that the original Brauns solution, as well as third-party solutions developed by professionals, will have an advantage over their own solution. This is an option if you use ~20 ml per refill, but I have not yet tested such solution.