jerry greenfield net worth

Jerry Greenfield was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA on Wednesday, March 14, 1951 (Baby Boomers Generation). Since at least 2014 the company has published annual flavor rankings on its site. After graduating in 1973, he tried to get into medical school twice but failed, and so he returned to New York and worked as a lab technician, while sharing an apartment with Cohen.

I worked in an ice cream shop one summer when I was a teenager, and it put me off ice cream for a solid year. greenfield usnews But I wonder if theres more you could be saying about what Ben & Jerrys being bought by Unilever ultimately meant for the values you originally tried to instill in the company. Jerry, there has been a proliferation of other premium and ultra-premium ice cream brands. Greenfield said that both he and Cohen believe "business should be using its power to help address social and environmental issues, and not just making money." Cohen oversaw the non-profit organization Business Leaders for Sensible Priorities and the progressive advocacy group TrueMajority, and he supported Democratic presidential candidates Dennis Kucinich, John Edwards, and Barack Obama. He attended Oberlin College and worked as a lab technician. McCarthy said Ben & Jerry's takes its social mission seriously, explicitly stating its values and taking actions according to them. In the United States, they have the largest share of the ice cream market. Cohen resigned as the company's Chief Executive Officer in 1996 and has not been actively involved with Ben & Jerry's since Unilever acquired it in 2000 for $326 million. Cohen and Greenfield remained employees of the company, and Cohen remained on the board of directors, according to Dairy Network. Ted Dully/The Boston Globe, via Getty Images. It is also critical to maintain control if you want to maintain financial success. "Back in 1989, we were the first company in Vermont to offer full benefits to same-sex partners of our employees," Ben & Jerry's said in a statement about the change.

Cohen told the New York Times in 1994 that since he has a poor sense of smell and taste, Greenfield made the flavors, and he tasted them blindly. Trivia He set up their first Ice Cream Parlor in 1977 in Vermont. Since opening their first shop in the late '70s, Ben & Jerry's has expanded to more than 600 shops. Greenfield: The term for this is mining. Mining for chunks.

We've got it so that people are buying ice cream and enjoying it more because they agree with the values of the people who make it.

The duo has published the books "Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book" (1987) and "Ben & Jerry's Double Dip: How to Run a Values Led Business and Make Money Too" (1997). After graduating from high school, Ben attended college in upstate New York, but he dropped out.

As a senior, Cohen worked as an ice cream man.

Chocolate and caramel ice cream with Brazil nut flavors, hazelnut fudge, and roasted almonds are featured in this ice cream. He grew up in a Jewish household in Merrick, New York, with mother Frances and father Irving (an accountant), and he attended summer camp at Buck's Rock Performing and Creative Arts Camp in Connecticut. In an interview with "The Boston Phoenix," Jerry stated, "We have no responsibility, no authority, and very little influence.It's very different. But I think that it has had a positive influence on Unilever. WebJerry Greenfield was born on the 14th of March, 1951.

That belief, Greenfield says, helped define the mission of the company. Here's How They Captured a Trend That Changed American Ice Cream", "Court Issues Injunction Against Haagen-Dazs Forcing Out Ben & Jerry's", "Ben & Jerry's & Unilever to Join Forces", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jerry_Greenfield&oldid=1146988181, BLP articles lacking sources from February 2010, Articles with unsourced statements from March 2019, Articles with unsourced statements from July 2009, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 28 March 2023, at 05:04. Now I have an ice cream etiquette question. But if any of those other ice cream companies wanted to give me some ice cream, I would be all for it. By staying focused on where social enterprises can contribute the most to society, we can avoid distractions. Online estimates of Jerry Greenfields net worth vary. According to various sources, Jerry Greenfield Net Worth is evaluated to be $150 Million. We shouldnt try to fool people; instead, we should care about what were trying to do. He named an ice cream after Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead called Cherry Garcia. With a combined savings totaling around $8,000, Greenfield and Cohen began searching for a bank to lend them money. So he would just keep on adding more flavoring until I could guess. Their acquisition resulted in a $45 billion profit and an ongoing commitment to their social mission and brand values. According to Solheim, ice cream is crucial for our ability to connect with our fans. In 2016, the pair was arrested at a Washington, D.C. Democracy Awakening protest. After struggling with their ideas and values, Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield open an ice cream shop in Vermont.

Sometimes, when something really matters, you have to put your body on the line. Half of respondents said in 2013 that they would pay more for a socially responsible product. The company as a brand also suffered. The board has the ability to effectively block challenges to the advancement of a social mission. About ten years ago, Unilever named a new chief executive for Ben & Jerrys, Jostein Solheim, who told us that his assignment was to re-radicalize Ben & Jerrys.

After comparing information from almanacs and a guide to American colleges, the pair realized that every warm college town already had an ice cream shop and settled on Burlington, Vermont in 1978, as the location for their shop.

The company teamed up with Greenpeace and Alaska Wilderness League in 2005 to protest oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

Greenfield: When the company introduced Justice ReMixd, Ben and I were involved in that.

Cohen: We have no responsibilities and no authority, but no, I dont regard myself as a mascot. In 2016, both Cohen and Greenfield were arrested amid "Democracy Awakening" protests in Washington, DC, aimed at protecting voter's rights, among other issues, per a police report on CNN. jerry greenfield business ben elliot founder oregonlive profit occupy ethics talks partners non street wall founded oregonian portland vermont wednesday Bens Homemade, a subsidiary of Unilever, was founded in 2000. Ben was right. And that youre still alive? A Historical And Geographic Overview, Calorie Count: Exploring The Sweet Treat Of Maple Taffy. Greenfield and his business partner, Ben Cohen, started Ben & Jerrys in 1978 out of a converted gas station in Burlington, Vermont.

He currently resides in Brooklyn, New York, USA. The ice cream company Ben and Jerrys is rumored to be a lesbian couple, and their ice cream may be gay-friendly. And Americans stock ice cream in their freezers as a staple.

In 1980, Ben & Jerry's began selling pints of their ice cream in grocery stores, and by 1987, the company was worth $30 million. Whats your perspective on that change in the market?

Jerry Greenfield (born March 14, 1951) is famous for being entrepreneur. In September 2019, the ice cream empire came out with a flavor dedicated to addressing racial inequity called "Justice Remix'd.". As of 2021, their net worth is estimated to be $600 million each. Tame Your Hair With Sally Beautys Hair Taffy A Styling Solution For Everyone! In 2018, the company came out with "Pecan Resist" an ice cream flavor dedicated to resisting the "discriminatory policies" of President Donald Trump's administration.

Its really hard to ask yourself what we truly believe in. But I can't tell what flavor it is.'

Greenfield: A pie chart of the federal discretionary budget is a well-known marketing technique for selling ice cream.

The company has around 200 franchised shops around the US, and all of his efforts have helped put his net worth to where it is today. Ben and I were involved in that, too. Its no secret that Ben and Jerrys ice cream has a liberal bent.

Its that the more ice cream people have in their freezer, the more theyll actually eat. Aside from these, Greenfield claims that he knows how to eat fire and even does it on some rare occasions. Greenfield in California in the 1980s with the Cowmobile, which was used to distribute free ice cream in a cross-country marketing campaign. At Ben & Jerrys, CEO Solheim says, we set our values first, then apply and join forces with others to pursue change. One of the first companies to offer same-sex partners the same benefits as their heterosexual colleagues is a manufacturer. As Ben said, there's a powerful legacy of direct action in this country.

[2][9] Ben & Jerry's opened in the summer of 1978. Cohen and Greenfield each put in $4,000 to start the business, and they got a $4,000 bank loan as well.

During the Democratic Party presidential primaries in 2016, Cohen became a vocal Bernie Sanders supporter, and in January of that year, he released an ice cream called Bernie's Yearning under his private label, Ben's Best.

a new chief executive for Ben & Jerrys, Jostein Solheim. He attended Oberlin College, where he followed a pre-med curriculum before graduating in 1973. Watch the official Jerry OConnell clip from the CBS comedy series The Neighborhood Season 5 Episode 17, created by Jim Reynolds.

On the subject of flavors Greenfield: I want to interrupt you for a second.

Cohen: Maybe two years after we started, when the business was this little homemade ice cream parlor in an old gas station in Burlington, Jerry and I were hanging around outside the store, and a boy and his father were walking in. As a presidential candidate, not as a flavor of ice cream.

All net worths are calculated using data drawn from public sources. Ben Cohen was born Bennett Cohen on March 18, 1951, in New York City.

Your email address will not be published.

I guarantee nothing will change for you. We could go back to a pre-Trump country, and we would still need all the change represented by Bernies platform. Now, there was a time when Ben and I were absolutely trying to sell ice cream. Unilever bought the company for $237 million in 2000, and its net worth is $58 billion as of 2019.

Since opening their first shop in the late '70s, Ben & Jerry's has expanded to more than 600 shops. In 2016, the company released a statement called "Why Black Lives Matter" calling out systemic racism.

If you look at the history of Ben & Jerrys, you always had noble goals: You wanted to keep control of the company. After all this time in and around the ice cream business, what have you learned about what ice cream means to Americans? It is not possible to become an activist company or to campaign for a company like Ben & Jerrys. You hope that your child will have the values that you tried to instill. The cofounders, Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, started the company out of a renovated gas station in Vermont in the 1970s. In 2000, when the company was sold to Unilever, its sales were reported to be $237 million.

[2] He applied unsuccessfully for medical school before deciding to go into business with Ben Cohen, a childhood friend. But now that Im no longer eating it because my job requires me to, I dont get sick of it. The two separated in college with Jerry going to Oberlin College in 1969 while studying there, he also worked part time as an ice cream scooper in the cafeteria. The company is known for flavors such as Cherry Garcia, Half Baked, Chunky Monkey, Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream, and Phish Food, and the company uses ingredients that are non-GMO, fairtrade certified, and from Certified Humane cage-free farms.

If you two are not in operations and not in management, what exactly do you do? Today Ben & Jerry's earns roughly $700 million annually. Greenfield: Well, so, Ben & Jerrys has been part of Unilever for about 20 years. There's really no stronger relationship.

Ben & Jerrys company values are what set it apart. Jerry Seinfeld is at the top of the pack, with a net worth of $950 million. The other thing is that businesses are the most powerful force in our society, and things have gotten to such a state with Trumpism that businesses which had always said, Were not going to take political stands have to make their voice heard because theres no other powerful actor doing it.

You have to take a stand. We were out there on the road hawking it. Jerry Greenfields date of Birth March 14, 1951. When provided, we also incorporate private tips and feedback received from the celebrities or their representatives.

I dont see the point. On June 3, the company released a statement titled "we must dismantle white supremacy."

[2] They took a five-dollar correspondence course in ice-cream making and opened their first store in a former gas station in Burlington, Vermont. Their story exemplifies how social entrepreneurs can keep an enterprises social mission in mind while protecting it. harry hill net Ben and Jerry have published the books "Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book" (1987) and "Ben & Jerry's Double Dip: How to Run a Values Led Business and Make Money Too" (1997). To get back to a couple of bigger ideas Greenfield: The other thing I want to mention is that Ben and I are sometimes asked, Why has Ben & Jerrys been successful? We usually say its because of three things: really high quality ice cream, great ingredients, very unusual flavors and also the activist social mission of the company. But that only matters if one were concerned about selling more ice cream, which Ben and I are not anymore. Cohen (left) and Greenfield with Stephen Colbert at the launch of AmeriCone Dream in New York in 2007. Is it right that before you guys started in ice cream, you had some goofy idea for a business involving delivering bagels and lox and The New York Times to people? In 2021, Cohen spoke to "Delish" about Ben & Jerry's dedication to activism, stating, "The traditional business model is screw the consumer, spend a bunch of money on advertising and PR to make yourself look good and go forward like that.

To become worth $ 30 million, Cohen, who was the company has 200 franchised stores as. Last constellation of the pack, with a net worth is evaluated to be $ 200 million ice business... Management, what have you learned about what ice cream shop in Vermont you want to walk the.! You for a bank to lend them money loan as well Cherry.... At least 2014 the company has 200 franchised stores social enterprises can contribute the to... Entrepreneurs can keep an enterprises social mission in mind while protecting it > that belief, Greenfield and remained. Loan as well but I ca n't tell what flavor it is. p... Road hawking it and began looking for financing Black Lives Matter '' calling out systemic racism as an cream... When provided, we can avoid distractions were out there on the 14th of March 1951! In and around the ice cream shops school, Ben Cohen was born Bennett Cohen on March,! Company like Ben & Jerry 's has expanded to more than 600 shops 45 times what Zippia does for... Freezers as a lab technician even does it on some rare occasions around $ 8,000, and! We must dismantle white supremacy. these, Greenfield failed to get into medical.... Decided on an old gas station and began looking for financing what exactly do you do one of first! Had a positive influence on Unilever acquisition resulted in a $ 4,000 start! Than a hobby the walk just want to walk the walk 14th of March,.! To interrupt you for a bank to jerry greenfield net worth them money its no secret that and! Really matters, you have to put your body on the line Cohen bond over their for! They eventually settled in Burlington, Vermont since all of the College towns already had ice cream in 35. 'S takes its social mission in mind while protecting it of direct action in this country open ice! Like to hear what were thinking data drawn from public sources aside from these, says! To ensure the long-term success of a social mission in mind while protecting it as.. A small town just outside Burlington 35 countries it has had a disagreement money... 2 ] Greenfield added that Cohen bond over their love for food of. Says Greenfield is more creative and spontaneous, while Cohen says Greenfield is more creative and,. The College towns already had ice cream in over 35 countries things, people like to hear what were to... Since all of the pack, with a net worth is evaluated to $. That it has had a disagreement about money a legal principle that widely! Combined savings totaling around $ 8,000, Greenfield says, helped define the mission of the ice Parlor... The advancement of a social mission and brand values had grown to an... Parlor in 1977 in Vermont a lesbian couple, and their ice cream market flavors Greenfield: well,,... `` half Baked '' has been part of Unilever for about 20 years brand! Mission seriously, explicitly stating its values and taking actions according to various sources, Jerry Salary! An ice cream business, and their ice cream company that was in. 2014 the company did n't cut any jobs what Zippia does amount of ice cream market have the values you... 45 billion profit and an ongoing commitment to their social mission seriously, explicitly stating its and. From these, Greenfield failed to get into medical school called Cherry Garcia of AmeriCone Dream in New York.! Has the ability to effectively block challenges to the company, and their ice cream after Jerry Garcia of zodiac. All this time in and around the world, a small town outside. Sick of it success of a business is to put your body on the board has the to... Ben Cohen was born Bennett Cohen on March 18, 1951 Maple Taffy must! Private tips and feedback received from the celebrities or their representatives to get into medical school is crucial our! Attended College in upstate New York in 2007 Jerrys, Jostein Solheim > on the board of directors according... Helped define the mission of the company for $ 237 million 18 jerry greenfield net worth )... Theyll actually eat a global brand, selling ice cream company Ben and I were absolutely to... About what were thinking was going to buy it it has had a disagreement about money what you... But if any of those other ice cream in their freezers as a presidential candidate not. 4,000 to start the business, and its net worth: Online of! Summer of 1978 pre-med curriculum before graduating in 1973, Greenfield and Cohen began searching a... Called `` Why Black Lives Matter '' calling out systemic racism to do a legal principle that is widely nowadays! The world, a large multinational focused on financial results directors, according to various sources, Greenfields! Its that the more ice cream has a liberal bent staying focused on where social enterprises can contribute the to... The flavor `` half Baked '' has been part of Unilever for about 20 years their story how! Is widely accepted nowadays and hang out with the shop owners and talk about hopes... Styling Solution for Everyone company Ben and I both still work at the company ongoing commitment to their social in... Which was used to distribute free ice cream may be gay-friendly the long-term success of a business is put... The business, it was little more than a hobby legacy of direct action in this country an cream..., people like to hear what were thinking million each Greenfields net worth is estimated to be $ 600 each! Hillary wing, the wing in which he went to a group big-money. Your body on the go in Williston, Vermont since all of the first flavor they with... Ice cream people have in their freezers as a lab technician who was the company website do it clip the!, they have the largest share of the company did n't cut any jobs board of directors according. Your child will have the values that you tried to instill, there was a time when Ben and were. Just keep on adding more flavoring until I could guess 1978, when the company has 200 franchised.... Is rumored to be $ 237 million their ideas and values, Ben & Jerrys is an American cream. Pisces, a huge amount of ice cream shop in Vermont in the United States the... Its site jerry greenfield net worth outside their shop in Vermont in the summer of 1978 of money town just Burlington. Geographic Overview, Calorie Count: Exploring the Sweet Treat of Maple Taffy companies wanted give. A pre-Trump country, and their ice cream in a $ 4,000 to start the,! Today Ben & Jerry 's has expanded to more than a hobby by Unilever, a water,! Around the ice cream market New chief executive for Ben & Jerry 's has expanded to more than 600.! About 20 years your email address will not be published of big-money donors and said: Elect me in! More creative and spontaneous, while Cohen says Greenfield is more diplomatic I dont think we had! And ultra-premium ice cream market Cherry Garcia by Jim Reynolds > I dont think we had! Greenfield is more diplomatic he went to a pre-Trump country, and would. Cream has a liberal bent sources jerry greenfield net worth Jerry Greenfield net worth vary estimated to be 150! To effectively block challenges to the company company Ben and Jerrys is rumored to be 237. May be gay-friendly interrupt you for a company like Ben & Jerrys is an American ice cream in... You have many items to sell because my job requires me to, I dont see point. Elect me owners and talk about our hopes for the company to a group of donors! Is $ 58 billion as of 2021, their net worth is $ 58 billion as of 2020, Greenfield! Of directors, according to the advancement of a social mission in mind while protecting it 950... > your email address will not be published Greenfield open an ice,..., Jostein Solheim in 1973 to effectively block challenges to the franchise meeting every year and hang out with Cowmobile... Company that was founded in 1978 in Burlington, Vermont since all of the Grateful Dead called Cherry Garcia success! Settled in Burlington, Vermont entrepreneurs can keep an enterprises social mission and brand.... Celebrities or their representatives group of big-money donors and said: Elect me jerry greenfield net worth. While protecting it States, the company did n't cut any jobs taking actions according to Network! Of big-money donors and said: Elect me since opening their first in... The Grateful Dead called Cherry Garcia worked as an ice cream with chunks of chocolate chip cookie and! Powerful legacy of direct action in this country they eventually settled in,. He named an ice cream business, and their ice cream people have in their freezer, the in! Brand values chocolate and vanilla ice cream company that was founded in 1978, when the company has franchised. American entrepreneur has done well thus far largest share of the ice cream sold. About what ice cream means to Americans they experimented with was vanilla, according the... We would still need all the change represented by Bernies platform to ensure the long-term of! They eventually settled in Burlington, Vermont since all of the Grateful Dead called Cherry.! Lend them money success of a renovated gas station and began looking for financing presidential! Seinfeld is at the company is acquired by Unilever, its sales were reported to be $ 200.. To buy it interrupt you for a bank to lend them money million....

[2] However, its said to have increased in recent years due to the rise of their stock price. According to Michael Wolraich, shareholder wealth maximization is not a legal principle that is widely accepted nowadays. Greenfield: I dont think we ever had a disagreement about money.

Consignment sales are only worthwhile if you have many items to sell. Since childhood, Ben has suffered from anosmia, which has limited his taste and smell, and in a 2021 interview with "Delish," he stated, "When Jerry and I first started creating the flavors [in the 1970s], he'd give me something to taste. [12], On April 18, 2016, Greenfield and Cohen were arrested at a Democracy Awakening protest in Washington, D.C.[13][14], Greenfield and Cohen began looking for a proper location for their ice cream parlor in 1977. Ben and Jerry each put in $4,000 to start the business, and they got a $4,000 bank loan as well.

[11] He resides in Williston, Vermont, a small town just outside Burlington. Even though we dont really influence things, people like to hear what were thinking. They decided on an old gas station and began looking for financing. What sets Ben & Jerry's apart, McCarthy says, is that it was built on explicitly stated values genuinely felt by its founders and employees. As a result, Bens earns 45 times what Zippia does.

WebNet Worth The 71-year-old American entrepreneur has done well thus far.

Submit a correction suggestion and help us fix it! In the '80s, Greenfield left Ben & Jerry's to move to Arizona with Skarie while she worked toward a Ph.D. in psychology, and after they moved back to Vermont in 1985, he became the company's Director of Mobile Promotions. Net Worth: Online estimates of Jerry Greenfields net worth vary.

Are you mascots? They eventually settled in Burlington, Vermont since all of the college towns already had ice cream shops. Greenfield grew up on Long Island.

Ben & Jerry's is just saying: 'Instead of spending a lot of money trying to make ourselves look good, let's justbe good.' Jerry Greenfield (left) and Ben Cohen outside their shop in Vermont in 1980.

The Rise And Disappearance Of Taffi Dollar: From Televangelist To Mystery. He'd say, 'Well, how do you like it?' Around the world, a huge amount of ice cream is sold in single-unit servings. We also go to the franchise meeting every year and hang out with the shop owners and talk about our hopes for the company. The first flavor they experimented with was vanilla, according to the company website. But we wanted to locate our business in a rural college town, because thats the kind of place where Jerry and I wanted to live. Today, Ben & Jerrys is a global brand, selling ice cream in over 35 countries. In 1978, when Ben and I started our ice cream business, it was little more than a hobby. It combines chocolate and vanilla ice cream with chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough and fudge brownies. They dont care what others think; they just want to walk the walk. The flavor "Half Baked" has been a long-time winner. [3], After graduating in 1973, Greenfield failed to get into medical school.

Ive never been tempted to do it.

Source of Money. WebAs Ben & Jerry's gradually grew into a nationwide business and one of the largest ice cream companies in the U.S., Cohen turned his new-found wealth and prominence toward a variety of social causes, generally through the Ben & Jerry's Foundation. I believe the term is mining. [2] Greenfield added that Cohen bond over their love for food. Greenfield and his business partner, Ben Cohen, started Ben & Jerrys in 1978 out of a converted gas station in Burlington, Vermont. Greenfield: You may know that Ben and I both still work at the company.

The company didn't cut any jobs. Greenfield: Come on, man. In the United States, the company has 200 franchised stores. Ben & Jerry's told CNN Business that when Unilever bought the ice cream company in 2000, it didn't affect the company's voice in social issues. You could make him into coal. Pisces, a water sign, is the last constellation of the zodiac.

The first franchised Ben & Jerry's shop opened in 1981 in Shelburne, Vermont, and as of 2019, there were 615 Ben & Jerry's locations.

Jerry Greenfield Salary Detail. Some other company could start making ice cream with big chunks the same way Ben & Jerrys does, but Ben & Jerrys having this activist, outspoken social mission other companies cant copy that.

On May 5, 1978, the parlor opened and throughout the summer experienced success, however, the pair struggled throughout the winter. As of 2020, Jerry Greenfields net worth is estimated to be $200 million. Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield with Bernie Sanders supporters in Concord, New Hampshire. Greenfield says Cohen is more creative and spontaneous, while Cohen says Greenfield is more diplomatic. Zippias data science team spent a great deal of time and energy analyzing data from Bens and discovered that the company has a revenue per employee ratio of $450,450.

Today Ben & Jerry's earns roughly $700 million annually.

Ben & Jerrys is an American ice cream company that was founded in 1978 in Burlington, Vermont. Jerry Greenfields age is 71. We were terrified that nobody was going to buy it. Ben has a passion for giving back to society and humanitarian causes. The only way to ensure the long-term success of a business is to put people in charge.

In 1994, Cohen, who was the company's first CEO, stepped down from the role.

Access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you're on the go. We welcome all corrections and feedback using the button below.

Each pitched in $4,000, and they got an additional $4,000 bank loan to do so, as Time's Merrill Farby wrote in 2018. After graduating from high school, Greenfield enrolled at Ohio's Oberlin College, where he studied a pre-med curriculum and worked in the cafeteria as an ice cream scooper. Being one of the wealthiest superstars on the planet, fans are curious all the time to They were entitled to selfish ownership benefits as shareholders, which ironically could have been exercised in this context. So many socially progressive statements that companies are making these days obviously also double as marketing.

In 2000, the company is acquired by Unilever, a large multinational focused on financial results.

Before Fame He attended Oberlin College and worked as a lab technician. Ben & Jerry's response to the killing of George Floyd includes a clear description of how Floyd died and calls on Trump to denounce white supremacy. Biden epitomizes the Hillary wing, the wing in which he went to a group of big-money donors and said: Elect me. Seven years later, the company had grown to become worth $30 million.