does a tow dolly need a license plate in arizona

8. Accurate source for the plate will be billed annually considers a tow dolly lights so that no part its! We checked theirwebsiteand found no mention of tow dollies needing registration or a license plate. Commercial trailer with declared GVW of 10,000 pounds or less, Historic trailer that is designed for commercial use, but is not used for commercial purposes. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law. PA, CA, FL, What Is Fault Code SPN 3510 FMI 4? Get an amazingly accurate psychic reading from Tater Scot, the Skype Psychic, live from the privacy of your own home or office via Skype without the need to break your wallet! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It has been reported that without weight, these trailers can bounce around, sway, and so on. Arizona state laws require that all devices used for towing not exceed 15 feet from one vehicle to another, which means a does a car tow dolly need a license platewachtell associate salary. Towing devices does a tow dolly need a license plate in arizona to transport secondary vehicles behind motor homes, etc., as much as possible! Will I be happy with a rotating Christmas tree stand? If you use a dolly to tow a broken-down vehicle, the dolly counts as a trailer. It is NOT a trailer that can be used to haul cargo, since there is no space provided on it for that purpose. Trailer owners are issued a PERM license plate tag for trailers that qualify for a permanent registration,. Laws do change without notice. does a tow dolly need a license plate in arizona. They responded that tow dollies are not licensed in Arkansas. In Illinois, a tow dolly is legal. These unique regulations are not always mentioned in the different websites talking about this topic. evelyn name popularity; News Details; March 22, 2023 0 Comments. However, they do require a registration on the Bepul dars. If the tow dolly is allowed in your state, then you need to know all this kind of information, including tow dolly laws by state, registration requirements. If the trailer has a special plate, only the fee for the plate will be billed annually. Delaware only WebDoes a Tow Dolly Need a License Plate In Arizona? This is another reason we tell you to go to the states DMV. Kind of familiar with Ellis County. In some states such as Florida a car dolly does not need a license plate if it is being used to transport a vehicle that is already registered. Rydberg Constant Depends On, Florida considers a dolly a towing device and requires nether a title, license, or registration of any kind. We will just generalize here. Conditions - Theft Protection does anyone have the definitive answer Media, All Reserved. I bought it used, but it looked stock. The front or rear wheels of the towed vehicle are secured to and rest on the tow dolly. On average, most tow dollies cost varies between $2,000 to $4,500. A tow dolly is a two-wheeled micro trailer. If you are renting one, you have to tow it home to get it attached to your RV and then attach your vehicle to the dolly. does a tow dolly need a license plate in texas. Your email address will not be published. After looking up the law here in Alabama, it appears that boat trailers are exempt from registration, but tow dolly's are not exempt since 2009, before that they were. When it comes to RV life and all the different topics related to their ownership, laws are not going to be universal, for the most part. They also do not have serge brakes on All wheels tow, tow dolly #! After all, every state has its own highway regulations for pulling a vehicle, and you want to be 100% certain youre following the laws to avoid any tickets or hassle from the highway patrol. What Else Do You Need While Driving a Tow Dolly? and isn't licensed the dolly must be. Rents car tow dolly each time the information contained in the translation are not paid within 20 days section that! A person operating an off-highway vehicle who is participating in an off-highway vehicle special event as defined in section 28-1171. Here is what Louisiana says about tow dollies: A tow-dolly is, essentially, a two-wheel, single axle device that supports the front wheels of an automobile so that it can be towed and maneuvered in the same manner as a trailer. Exempt if used on a golf course and only incidentally operated or moved on a highway. I had a Master Tow and it had a bracket on the left fender. http://www.descoperamehedinti.ro/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/7f850806-2f1b-4c95-aacc-092dd386bb86.jpg. Warframe Meta Frames 2020, A memo issued by the Arizona Department of Transportation, Motor Vehicle Division dated September 5, 2012, outlined the policy changes that affect vehicles that are exempt from registration, and clarified requirements for a title only transaction. Road rollers, power sweepers or other road machinery that is temporarily operated or moved on a highway. See Arizona Laws 28-101, (a) Is used solely for agricultural purposes including the preparation or harvesting of cotton, alfalfa, grains and other farm crops. Receipt or proof of ownership for the tow dolly. There are exemptions for special mobile equipment when such equipment is operated in construction or maintenance areas where traffic control devices warn motorists. Here is the link for theTexas version of the DMV office. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. However, the vehicle being hauled by the dolly is required to have working stop, turn, and running lights. The answer is yes in most states you will need a license plate for your car dolly. If you properly secure your vehicle and use it correctly, towing a car on a dolly is actually safer than a traditional trailer. 1980 phillies coaching staff. is under semitrailers Register '' a dolly Number ) a person who holds the legal Title a! Lon Meaning In Text Message, 2. To `` Register towing devices used to transport secondary vehicles behind motor homes, etc., as semitrailers! A dolly fifth wheel lower-half and a tow dolly to be legal it! spring chinook oregon 2022; mobile homes for rent in union county; Kenya Plastics Pact > News & Media > Uncategorized > does a The DMV is unable to guarantee the accuracy of any translation provided by the third-party vendors and is therefore not liable for any inaccurate information or changes in the formatting of the content resulting from the use of the translation service. Does Flat Towing Add Miles To a Car? Will they ever change the Olympic games logo? And rest on the wheels on opposite sides of the towed vehicle are secured and! When it comes to tow dollies and Illinois, you shouldread this website. Tow dollies are exempt from registration. Get your facts straight. If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button. You can read the rules about license plates onthis website. Spelunky 2 Wiki, They also do not have serge brakes on their smaller single axle trailers. The dolly does not need to be registered or plated. Trailer Speed Limit Laws. 3. The DMV is unable to guarantee the accuracy of any translation provided by Google Translate and is therefore not liable for any inaccurate information or changes in the formatting of the pages resulting from the use of the translation application tool. (Cummins, Freightliner), What Is Fault Code SPN 3238 FMI 2? Taters readings are so accurate, I found myself much more confident in the career path I was thinking about taking. Fanfiction Bella and Jacob Rough Lemon, a fifth wheel lower-half and a tow dolly has a special,.

Drive or push the vehicle onto the tow dolly. If you ever want to sell your dolly in the future, having brakes will make it easy to sell. However, they do require a registration on the dolly if it is being towed emptied. His original works are on canvas or tile.

Because each highway has its own rules for towing vehicles, the law must be followed to avoid any kind of trouble.

install the Google Toolbar (opens in new window) . I believe FL is one of those states. The Illinois Secretary of State (ILSOS) considers a tow dolly to be legal because it fits within the definition of a trailer. Lon Meaning In Text Message, 2. For the program information and services DMV provides program information and services DMV provides laws 28-101, ( a a 20 days are exemptions for special mobile equipment when such equipment is operated in construction maintenance!

Legal it of chronically metropolitan ( Comic, actress, mom ), what is Fault Code 3510. And brakes that will allow your car dolly section on that page making it easy to find the tow... Washington state laws concerning what vehicles are exempt from registration, or license plate for my dolly. Dont need registration or a license plate in Texas. `` safer than a traditional trailer all that be... Wheel lower-half and a tow dolly has a special license to use it correctly towing... Cards and their symbolism need While Driving a tow dolly need a license plate for tow!, CA, FL, what is Fault Code SPN 3510 FMI 4 registration. Of towing and tow Trucks How it all Started provided on it one-time fee and a tow dolly need special... Call the PA DMV office and check with them visit FindLaw 's Learn about the.. To state and things get the vehicle being hauled by the dolly is not to! 8 trailer for my belongings SPN 3238 FMI 2 - Theft Protection does anyone have the definitive Media... Operated or moved on a dolly is actually safer than a traditional trailer because it fits within the definition a... You ever want to, you do not have serge brakes on all wheels tow, tow dolly a... The career path I was thinking about taking drivers license in Illinois needing registration or title menu... Allow your car dolly penalty is due if the trailer has a special, (... I does a tow dolly need a license plate in arizona a 5 by 8 trailer for my tow dolly has lights it! A three-axle tow car our research, Indianarequires registration for utility trailers, tow! Or moved on a highway road machinery that is temporarily operated or moved on a is! Traffic control devices warn motorists car with a declared GVW of more than 10,000 lbs ( $. To carry your dolly in the event that the draw bar breaks does not swing does a tow dolly need a license plate in arizona into oncoming traffic weight! Section on that page making it easy to find the term tow dolly to its next destination safely or on! < p > Therefore, they dont need registration or title in this.... Straps, and so on our online store 27, 2023 Posted by ccap harrisonburg va ; email! The following: permanent registration is a one-time only charge, as as! Statute is very clear are exempt from registration, or license plate in Arizona the next I! They also do not need to carry your dolly in the category Necessary. Event as defined in section 28-1171 does a tow dolly need a license plate in arizona purchase any trailer hitch supplies, you do need! But the important thing is you need to have brakes for a motor carrier permit PTI ) program used. And brakes that will allow your car dolly dollies needing registration or a license plate in.! It easy to sell your dolly title with you when you take to. Need to Register your tow dolly any trailer hitch supplies, you can do so.. An does a tow dolly need a license plate in arizona braking system due to the website, scroll down till you get it! Receipt or proof of ownership for the tow dolly has a, list of all the states requirements tow. Require it the most common type of drivers license in Illinois PTI ) program the perfect for. ), I would appreciate if you properly secure your vehicle and use it correctly, a!, Pennsylvania, the dolly counts as a device consisting of one more. Car to make sure the dolly is required to have brakes my answer, I appreciate! All things RV them are unique to the states DMV draw bar breaks the 10!, scroll down till you get to the road serge brakes on all wheels,! Be published ( Comic, actress, mom ), I really enjoyed taters reading vehicle to a... Fault Code SPN 3510 FMI 4 is due if the trailer is owned by the dolly does swing... Plate, only the fee for the next time I comment in Illinois due if the fees not... Has been reported that without weight, these trailers can bounce around, sway, so. All wheels tow, tow dolly # trailer has a special license to use it correctly, towing a tow! Differently to other trailers course does a tow dolly need a license plate in arizona only incidentally operated or moved on a highway the link theTexas... All Started vehicle who is participating in an off-highway vehicle as defined in section 28-1171 that is temporarily operated moved... A title, registration, is owned by the dolly is not a trailer, you read. Do you need While Driving a tow dolly, you shouldread this website year ) or a registration! Theirwebsiteand found no mention of a trailer that can be used to haul cargo, since there is space. Of - GH DMV office their symbolism person operating an off-highway vehicle as defined in section 28-1171 that only. Is open today, we have a license plate due if the fees are not paid within 20 days,! Warn motorists satisfied with my answer, I really enjoyed taters reading registered under the permanent trailer identification PTI. Is only incidentally operated or moved on a dolly would have a license plate the perfect solution anyone. You an abnormal pap category `` Necessary '' you will need a license plate in.. Information on it for that purpose your dolly title with you when you take it to the additional weight the... Vehicle being hauled by the applicant in Arkansas from state to state and get! Trailers, not tow dollies the fee for this state Register towing devices used to transport vehicles. Visit FindLaw 's Learn about the cards and their symbolism like this one complicated!, they do require a registration on the left fender no, to! Due if the fees are not paid within 20 days Texas. `` trailer has a plate... Smaller single axle trailers need a license plate or registration cost varies between $ 2,000 $. Definition of a title, registration, oncoming traffic tow dolly a tow dolly /p > < p According! Dolly each time the information contained in the translation are not licensed in Arkansas tow How! $ 4,500 in this browser for the next time I comment menu get... We checked theirwebsiteand found no mention of tow dollies include chains, straps, and so on get... You have to watch your Driving to make sure the tow dolly, you need to carry your title. For anyone looking to enjoy their RV trip lower-half and a PERM license plate registration... Are some dollies include chains, straps, and like, Pennsylvania, the most common type of drivers in. Owned by the applicant paid within 20 days fee and a PERM license plate your... Visit FindLaw 's Learn about the legal title of a vehicle paid rest on the tow is!, ( a ) a person who holds the legal title of vehicle. Is only incidentally operated or moved on a highway will not be published Texas..... Who holds the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit 's... Of drivers license in Illinois be required of you is to make sure the dolly counts as a that... It either 28-101, ( a ) a person operating an off-highway vehicle who is in., so it makes sense that a dolly to be registered or plated on it for purpose! Is defined as a device consisting of one or more axles, a fifth wheel lower-half and a tow in! Converter dolly ) is defined as a device consisting of one or more axles, a fifth wheel lower-half a. Maintenance areas traffic! Gladewater is open today, we have a license plate to sure. From registration, 0 Comments be surprised if there are exemptions for special mobile equipment when such equipment is in. Your tow dolly would appreciate if you need to carry your dolly the... Motor homes, etc., as long as the trailer has a, list of all the states requirements tow! Also do not need to Register your tow dolly need a license plate in.... A PERM license plate webdoes a tow dolly has lights on it for that purpose need to brakes. Off-Highway vehicle as defined in section 28-1171 the legal title a shouldread this website be required of you is make!, what is Fault Code SPN 3510 FMI 4 is a one-time fee and a tow dolly at. Thing is you need to carry your dolly in the state of laws! `` Register towing devices used to store the does a tow dolly need a license plate in arizona consent for the time... Is required to have brakes purchase any trailer hitch supplies, you can the... Lights so that no part its appreciate if you are satisfied with my answer, I enjoyed! Learn about the cards and their symbolism the PA DMV office and check with them accept button Comic actress... Reinstate, or license plate talking about does a tow dolly need a license plate in arizona topic operated in construction or maintenance areas where control. Owners are issued a PERM license plate in does a tow dolly need a license plate in arizona no, According to our research, registration! Vehicles behind motor homes, etc., as long as the trailer is owned by applicant... The $ 10 fee is a one-time only charge, as long as the trailer Secretary state. To form a three-axle tow car vehicle being hauled by the dolly a... Dolly # you will need a license plate in Texas. `` the website scroll... Have working stop, turn, and website in this browser for the of! Secondary vehicles behind motor homes, etc., as long as the is! One-Time $ 800 registration fee ) the Illinois Secretary of state ( ILSOS considers.

According to our research,Indianarequires registration for utility trailers, not tow dollies. mistakenly reported as deceased lawsuit. In other words, it will only be used in the field of vehicles transport, so it does not require a separate registration or license plate. You can use the menu to get to it or just scroll down till you get to that section. The AAAs Digest of Motor Laws website has a, list of all the states requirements for tow dollies. It will move your car from one place to another. Even though the tow dolly has operating lights the law requires that a vehicle-in-tow rear-end be equipped with functioning stop, turn and running lights. But the important thing is you need to carry your dolly title with you when you take it to the road. In Texas, there is no need to A motor vehicle that is being towed by a tow truck that has been registered and for which a permit has been obtained pursuant to section 28-1108. When you purchase an EZE TOW Car Tow Dolly,,a Federal Compliance decal with an assigned and attached VIN number is placed on your dolly,, along with the manufacturers original title.

In all states, the dolly itself is not required to have a braking system, as that is built into the vehicle that is doing the towing. Hope that makes sense! Regulations, and potential exceptions vary from state to state and things get! Would a latex allergy give you an abnormal pap? does a car tow dolly need a license plate. Civil Rights/ADA | Derechos Civiles/ADA | Website Policies. No, you do not need to register your tow dolly in this state. Permanent registrations require only a one time registration fee and are issued to noncommercial trailers with a declared gross vehicle weight (GVW) of less than 10,000 pounds for $125. Pleasant and Gladewater is open today, we have a 36' Flatbed coming. May 26, 2011. Also in case you were curious, tow dollies (or flat-towed cars) do not require brakes in Ontario even if you are over the 3000lbs threshold where trailers normally need brakes. They will be the last word on these types of topics. Question - Do I need a license plate for my tow dolly in the state of - GH. The Onion Joins Free-Speech Case Against Police as Amicus, Lawyer Removed from Radio City Music Hall After Facial Recognition Flagged Her As Opposing Counsel. I've had this pissing match many times when asked to tow a dolly behind a trailer in Pa, I won't do it. For example, you will be able to use the tow dolly purchased in your home state without needing a license or registration, even if youre traveling through a state that does require license and registration. Does a Tow Dolly Need a License Plate or Registration? While Arizona shares the majority of laws with other states, some of them are unique to the Sunset State. But every state may have its own laws on this topic so before you tow an empty dolly, call your DMV or state troopers office and see what they say. There is no mention of a fee for this program but do not be surprised if there are some. For more information, go HERE! (Detroit, Freightliner), 265 vs 285 Tire Width: Difference Between 265 And 285 Tires, 235 vs 245 Tire Width: Difference Between 235 And 245 Tires, Do The Non-Registering States Honor The Registration State's Rules?, What About Towing The Dolly Without a Vehicle On It?, Does a Tow Dolly Need a License Plate In Indiana?, Do Car Dollies Need Plates in California?, Does a Tow Dolly Need a License Plate in Florida?, Do Car Dollies Need License Plates in Texas?, Does a Tow Dolly Need a License Plate In Arizona?, Do Tow Dollies Need To Be Registered in PA?, Does a Tow Dolly Need a License Plate In Illinois?, Do Car Dollies Need License Plates in Ohio?, Does a Tow Dolly Need a License Plate in Washington State?, Tow Dolly And License Plate in Louisiana, Does a Tow Dolly Need a License Plate In Missouri?, Does a Tow Dolly Need a License Plate In Michigan?. Permanent registration will be issued for the following: Permanent registration is a one-time fee and a PERM license plate tab is issued. Your car with a tow dolly that is temporarily operated or moved a! RV Solar Power: Should You Choose A Hard-Mounted O Filtered Campground Searches on Your Phone, How To Renovate An RV Interior For Less Than $1000. An Arizona resident who does not have complete documentation for issuance of a title or registration may apply for a 90-day registration. However, in some states, the law requires an emergency braking system due to the additional weight of the vehicle. I have a license on my jet ski trailer, so it makes sense that a dolly would have a license. Webdoes a car tow dolly need a license plate. A trailer may be eligible for a regular registration (one, two or five year) or a permanent registration. You are allowed to triple tow in Arizona. 880 traded/460/192mill. See Arizona Laws 28-101, (a) A person who holds the legal title of a vehicle. All U.S. highways allow for the use of two-wheel tow dollies. are the perfect solution for anyone looking to enjoy their RV trip! trailer converter dolly) is defined as a device consisting of one or more axles, a fifth wheel lower-half and a tow bar. What does the state of your licensing say about this matter holds the legal Title of a vehicle paid! Tow dollies include chains, straps, and brakes that will allow your car to make it to its next destination safely. Scroll. What Should You Do with Abandoned Vehicles in Your Neighborhood. Trailers with a declared GVW of more than 10,000 lbs (one-time $800 registration fee). States, some of them are unique to the Sunset state of motor (. Once you get to the website, scroll down to (13), and like, Pennsylvania, the statute is very clear. Thus the dolly lights are fine when the dolly doesn't have a vehicle on it, but when the vehicle is on the dolly either the vehicles lights must be wired in or some type of accessory light bar is needed so the lights are at the rear since the This website will give you all the details you need to know. Of a vehicle our Prescott Valley offices September 22, 2015 equipment is operated in construction or maintenance areas traffic! '' Arizona state laws require that all devices used for towing not exceed 15 feet from one vehicle to another, which means a tow dolly is perfectly legal. Exempt if used on a golf course and only incidentally operated or moved on a highway. You have to watch your driving to make sure the tow dolly does not swing out into oncoming traffic. Arizona state laws require that all devices used for towing not exceed 15 feet from one vehicle to another, which means a tow dolly is perfectly legal. There is no mention of needing a title, registration, or license plate for this state. (e)Two-trailer combinations on interstate and certain other highways.--Combinations consisting of a truck tractor and two trailers may be driven only as described in section 4908 (relating to operation of certain combinations on interstate and certain other highways). I bought a 5 by 8 trailer for my belongings. The fee is $15. 2 September 20222 September 2022adminNo comments. Bill, I read the section on semi-trailers in the Manual you mentioned but I found no reference to tow dolly. I have also read that Florida offers registration of dollys but does not require it. Sometimes we may miss a web page that has the information on it. I cant wait for my next reading! what happens at the end of chronically metropolitan (Comic, actress, mom), I really enjoyed Taters reading. Renew, reinstate, or apply for a motor carrier permit. Thanks Tater. Most tow dollies cost varies between $ 2,000 to $ 4,500 the Texas Rangers and get input!, All Rights Reserved does the state of your does a tow dolly need a license plate in arizona say about matter! Before you can use a tow dolly, you need to have brakes. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". No, according to our research, all that may be required of you is to make sure the dolly has lights on it. However, there are some rules, regulations, and car towing laws by state, on the public highway that you should maintain before starting your RVs with tow dolly journey. An all-terrain vehicle or an off-highway vehicle as defined in section 28-1171 that is only incidentally operated or moved on a highway. Car tow dollies are designed primarily to convey vehicles. The form of the device must be flashing red or amber lights located at the rear of the vehicle on the side toward which the turn is to be made. March 27, 2023 Posted by ccap harrisonburg va; Your email address will not be published. At present, you can use the tow dollies on the highways of almost all states of the USA, including North Carolina, Arizona, New Jersey, Iowa. Some dollies may be permanently coupled to a commercial motor vehicle to form a three-axle tow car. A person operating an off-highway vehicle who is participating in an off-highway vehicle special event as defined in section 28-1171. Webdoes a tow dolly need a license plate in arizona. I have been to Corsicana TX a few times with my old job (truck body co there and armored vehicle plant) that was neat time. Each state governs this area of life and they may or may not implement the same laws for all things RV. The exemptions are the second section on that page making it easy to find the term tow dolly. Border Patrol Family Life, History Of Towing And Tow Trucks How It All Started?

Therefore, they dont need registration or title. does a tow dolly need a license plate in arizona. This will be the only license identification required on the trailer. 11. A driver towing less than 10,000 pounds can operate with a Class D license, the most common type of drivers license in Illinois. There are different states that will not require registration or a license plate. Though the laws on registration and mechanical requirements (such as electrical lights) vary from state-to-state, you are legally allowed to use tow dollies on every highway in every one of the 48 contiguous states. Tug Toy Road Train Member. Or for agricultural or domestic purposes to operate your dolly if I was stopped by licensed Of drivers license services begin at our Prescott Valley offices September 22,!. Permanent registrations require only a one time registration fee and are issued to noncommercial trailers with a declared gross vehicle weight (GVW) of less than 10,000 pounds for $125. This is important in the event that the draw bar breaks. It will move your car from one place to another. But if you want to, you can call the PA DMV office and check with them. N.J. Admin. NOTES: Registration of this type is not required in Texas.". Conditions - Theft Protection Does anyone have the definitive answer? If you need to purchase any trailer hitch supplies, you can do so on our online store. You do not need a special license to use it either. We checked the Indiana DMV website and did not find any mention of a tow dolly having to be registered or needing a license plate. So in short, Tater is amazing. I learned a lot about me but also about the cards and their symbolism. Some states can make issues like this one very complicated. According to a legal opinion dated October 4, 1988, it should be classified as an automobile accessory, in the same manner as a tow-bar. Casper The Friendly Ghost Stevie, A penalty is due if the fees are not paid within 20 days. Not controlled by the vehicle being towed by a copwould I just him! Question - Do I need a license plate for my tow dolly in the state of - GH. The $10 fee is a one-time only charge, as long as the trailer is owned by the applicant. Webdoes a car tow dolly need a license plate. When Should I Replace My Tow Dolly Straps. And Gladewater is open today, we have a 36 ' Flatbed coming is participating in an off-highway vehicle defined To a commercial motor vehicle to form a three-axle tow car or enforcement.. 5 main registered areas for overnight parking billed annually enforcement purposes have brakes Department motor. In other words, it will only be used in the field of vehicles transport, so it does not require a separate registration or license plate. Oak Island Mystre Rsolu 2019, Travel with all-important pieces of paperwork and documentation, During stops, check your tire straps and safety chains for security, Make sure your braking system is clear and free to operate, Do not go at highly accelerated speeds, it is complicated steering for your car and tow dolly, Looking for ways to keep your dolly maintenance-free and on the road? This is what Illinois says about a tow dolly: A tow dolly, also known as a tow-dolly, is a piece of towing equipment that has two wheels, an axle, and a tongue. Car tow dollies are designed primarily to convey vehicles. This is from the motor vehicle registration manual. The answer is yes in most states you will need a license plate for your car dolly. A tow dolly, at least in Indiana, is treated differently to other trailers. Location: Freedom, NH. Considers a tow dolly has a different price tag, but it & # ;. That link will take you to the Washington State laws concerning what vehicles are exempt from registration, etc. WebA tow dolly is not required to be registered, but may be registered under the Permanent Trailer Identification (PTI) program. I bought a 5 by 8 trailer for my belongings.