dents in pool liner

One of the dents in my pool developed a tiny leak which we successfully patched: Details in this thread: Potentially Serious Problem Days after patching, I did not hesitate to sign a contract to have the liner replaced immediately. Test the pool water using pool water test strips, a liquid test Dan's diverse professional background spans from costume design and screenwriting to mixology, manual labor and video game industry publicity. It is on the wall in the deep end. |, Search please help[attachment=0:1u998sxu]pool dents.JPG[/attachment:1u998sxu] Attachments. To get started, completely remove the pool's liner and examine the interior of the metal sidewalls thoroughly -- changing your liner presents the ideal opportunity for inspection. You should definitely try, but don't be too dissapointed if they don't agree to it. From the start, you need to ensure you hire somebody skilled in finishing swimming pool bottoms. It also depends on whether you have a contractor replace the liner or if you replace the liner yourself. It'll collect dirt and debris but the fix may look worse than the actual impression and if they pull the liner back to fix it, it could cause wrinkling and or other impressions from Unbalanced pH, alkalinity, and calcium hardness could also cause the problem. Pour eight inches of concrete around the outside perimeter. Remember, that can make it ball up and cause bumps in the pool bottom. Should I press the PB for a fix or am I waisting my time? You dont have to worry about applying the liner too soon because the fresh material only covers a small area. The fact that it had been almost a year and the bottom was still soft was not something he could let go. The opening went smooth and the kids started swimming. I doubt anyone is going to call you out on it while using the pool. We just opened the pool and so far, the bottom looks great (even at night). I can see it in your close pic and agree it seems to be some settling. Pool Maintenance | The reason is simple: TFPC (Trouble Free Pool Care) is a methodology, not a product that you must purchase. Dents in bottom of pool - help 1) Water getting in behind the liner seal somehow. At Pool Warehouse we only offer the highest quality vinyl swimming pool liners. They are also on the sloped part near the sides. 29 Northern NY Jul 7, 2012 #1 Tonight I noticed a big dent in the bottom of our pool about 4-5 inch diameter and about 4 inches deep about 1 1/2 feet away from the side wall. Over more time, a liner in a low pH acid bath will become brittle, fade in color and eventually begin to literally fall apart. Subscribe NOW and hit the bell to get notified about new videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn4FsDmvoNxPfW8Prw5eDwQ? More debris gets into the pool base during the replace-and-repair process, and your hard work will be for nothing if rocks, dirt, or vermiculite make new dents and bumps under the new liner. I have one about an inch larger in diameter than the floor skimmer in my deep end. Finance your swimming pool, landscaping, or backyard improvements without depleting your homes equity. WebToday I going to show you how I removed multiple wrinkles in my pool liner using very simple tools. and updated information based on the unique conditions of their property. At first the were about the diameter of a golf ball. Wouldn't we see bubbles if we were leaking?

The original installer from the company did not mix enough portland with the sand. You will get much more visibility by. Fiberglass pools have no problem with pool bottom inconsistencies because theyre manufactured in a controlled setting with precisely built molds. You are using an out of date browser. As the weight of the liner collapses the tunnels, divots appear. Can you take a pic so we can see where the dent is in relation to the coping and bottom of the pool. We are a registered 501(c)3 non-profit that is funded by user donations. My pool guys put in that cork material under our inground Foxx pool. Hello. When all three are combined and troweled out, you get a strong smooth surface for your liner to lay on. A number of things can cause leaks in your pool. How to Avoid Divots, Dents, and Bumps in a Vinyl Liner Pool. For now, though, heres a quick outline: Dont overmix the vermiculite. 2) Holes in the liner (very small) causing the evaporation My theory is this, i used fine mason sand over clay soil on the bottom of my pool. Pits, holes or widespread rust on the bottom of the pool indicate the need for a full-scale replacement of the pool's bottom, however; a rusted bottom can easily rupture, causing thousands of dollars of damage to your yard and endangering anyone in the pool. It sounds like you have erosion of the wall going on behind the liner. As the weight of the liner collapses the tunnels, divots appear. | Website Design by IMPACT. WebToday I going to show you how I removed multiple wrinkles in my pool liner using very simple tools. And liner replacements arent complicated by floor repairs, which can be extensive given vermiculites tendency to dent and spoil. Smushed is definitely the technical term for that. Stone was brought in to offset the soft soil and the portland mix was put in. Some of the content on this site may reflect prices, perspectives, For comparison, it takes about 39 mils to equal 1 mmand a mm is already tiny. its not a big deal to me, as its right next to the side of the stairs where no one will hardly ever be anyway. We didn't know if it was just a normal result of the sand settling or if we have a bigger problem so I'll be watching the responses to this thread as well. Other causes include erosion from improper draining around the pool, roots, rocks and heavy objects falling into the pool. Request a FREE quote HERE or call us at (855) 212-2210. I swear they weren't there before but can't be certain.

We are a registered 501(c)3 non-profit that is funded by user donations. Vermiculite or cement is underneath in this area. Consumers should consult their local installer (independent dealer or franchisee) for the most accurate its not a big deal to me, as its right next to the side of the stairs where no one will hardly ever be anyway. Interesting pattern/footprint, as if something was pressed there before the liner was installed and it settled. Though pricks and punctures can do a number on interior liners, rust is the mortal enemy of your above-ground pool's metal sidewalls. You will get much more visibility by. Please consider. Remove the liner. Kind of like a hourglass, this is the only explanation i could come up with. If you are not mixing the vermiculite yourself, you can still consult the contractors about their techniques to make sure they know what they are doing. Useour Design and Price Toolto walk through your options and approximate price! The dents are there to stay.

The tools I used can be picked up from almost any store and include a plunger and water shoes, if you dont have water shoes you can use soft soled shoes that are clean ! Scott. To fill in a dent or divot, you can purchase concrete patch material at any hardware store, mix it with water, and trowel it onto the surface.

JavaScript is disabled. WebThe causes A divot is usually caused by a heel print when the builders, or possibly the pool owners, walk over the fresh pool base. You should question several contractors and compare their answers. Fast and easy online application. When it comes to in-ground sidewalls made of aluminum or steel, adhesive wall foam or rust-preventive paint -- or aluminum hull protectant in the case of aluminum walls -- help prevent further corrosion from surface-level rust. At Pool Warehouse we only offer the highest quality vinyl swimming pool liners. I doubt anyone is going to call you out on it while using the pool. Shade Builder: Pool Wall Repair: Fix It or Repair It? Due to the unprecedented I wouldn't chance a partial drain, pull back and reinstallation, especially if there are light, return or skimmers in the area. Pushing on it a bit with my fingers I worked a little bit of it out. Bump WebOnce youre down to just a few gallons of water, you should be okay to go ahead and remove the liner and allow the excess water to fall to the ground. From the beginning, you should make sure you hire someone experienced in finishing pool bottoms. Dents in bottom of pool - help 1) Water getting in behind the liner seal somehow. I have had a pool for about 1 year and am noticing indents in the bottom of the pool around the edges varying in size up to the size of my heel and probably about an inch deep. This way you can ask your chosen builders questions about it up front and get an idea of how experienced and detailed they are. Fortunately, these problems will not often reduce the life of your pool liner. I doubt anyone is going to call you out on it while using the pool. Fortville, Indiana 46040, Copyright 2023 River Pools | All rights reserved. A few days ago, I noticed that a dent appeared in the deep end. Start simple -- you can actually patch up very minor rust spots and tiny holes with all-weather duct tape or aluminum tape. When rust takes its toll, gauging the damage is your first step. WebToday I going to show you how I removed multiple wrinkles in my pool liner using very simple tools. Vinyl liner needs some special attention so as to live its life to the fullest. You must log in or register to reply here. independently owned and operated River Pool franchisees with the right to market the River Pools brand please help[attachment=0:1u998sxu]pool dents.JPG[/attachment:1u998sxu]. If you decide to go with a vinyl liner pool, we wont crymuch. Vermiculite, Sand, or Concrete for Your Vinyl Liner Strong Pool Krete is made up of Portland cement, vermiculite, and sand. WebGive us a call or use our Swimming Pool Liner Measurement Guide to fill out your order forms. processes, entities, and names that were relevant at the time but may not be as relevant today. | The clay soil did not dry up it only held water in even as the PB was trying to pump it out. Assemble the wall panels (plastic or metal) by bolting them together and then securing them. of pool shells as a franchisee. after the dig, we had rain.

JavaScript is disabled. Building a pool can add value to your home. Messing with a liner at this point could make matters worse. You are using an out of date browser. Contact Pool Krete will setup and turn into a hard cork board for your liner. Today I going to show you how I removed multiple wrinkles in my pool liner using very simple tools. the pool is in its' 5th season, at the end of last summer I discovered two spots that feel like small craters in the slooped sides of the pool. I suspect they will try to manipulate/squeegee (from above) the base beneath to smooth-out the appearance so it's not so obvious.

Help! Now that they have your money you're not high on their "To-Do" list, but stick with it. Over more time, a liner in a low pH acid bath will become brittle, fade in color and eventually begin to literally fall apart. Liner looks fine, it formed into the dent, no wrinkles or nothing.

Become a Dealer or Franchise the liner seemed to go smoothly and looked great.

Over time, this can suck out the plasticizers and resins that keeps vinyl pliable. Looking for pool financing? What Can Happen If Water Gets Behind the Pool Liner? conversions seams fiberglass Repairing Rust Holes on a Corrugated Roof, How to Paint Installed Wrought Iron Railings. They are cosmetic issues, with the likely exception of a pebble or rock, which may in the long run puncture the liner. Dents It may be because the liner was installed too soon, somebody troweled too hard and left a mark, or something fell in the swimming pool during building. No matter how I squint, I still can't see the sailboat! a mil is not the same as a millimeter. Contact It also depends on whether you have a contractor replace the liner or if you replace the liner yourself. please help[attachment=0:1u998sxu]pool dents.JPG[/attachment:1u998sxu] Attachments. It'll collect dirt and debris but the fix may look worse than the actual impression and if they pull the liner back to fix it, it could cause wrinkling and or other impressions from being in the pool with the water so low. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Each of our swimming pool liners are 100% American made by Hydra Pools! I doubt anyone is going to call you out on it while using the pool. Will post new pics soon. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Watch our most popular videos: How to install a pre-hung doorhttps://youtu.be/FvObh0_vK_c(Review) was it a mistake to install this Rheem Hybrid Water Heater?? I had the PB over to look at it during the day and had emailed him some night time pictures. Too much chlorine can act on the vinyl pool liner and cause the pool liner to wrinkles. River Pools manufactures fiberglass pool shells and does not install pools. Other causes include erosion from improper draining around the pool, roots, rocks and heavy objects falling into the pool. At River Pools, we manufacture and install world-class fiberglass pools for customers across North America. One way to do that is to understand how to prevent divots, dents, and bumps in the bottom of your vinyl liner pool. How do I attach travertine coping on top of the built-in Spa of fiberglass pool?? Help - I have a vinyl IG will sand floor. The reason is simple: TFPC (Trouble Free Pool Care) is a methodology, not a product that you must purchase. Remove the liner. Call us at 1-800-515-1747 or send us an email, [email protected]. It is being practiced by thousands of pool owners just like you.

Once you drain the pool and remove the liner, you should be able to clearly see the divot, dent, or bump you want to repair. Gunite vs Fiberglass Pools. we had some people in the pool recently and after I saw the picture below. The relationship between the dealers and franchisees It is being practiced by thousands of pool owners just like you. For larger holes, use tin snips or bolt cutters to cut aluminum flashing, flat metal stock or even exterior aluminum trim to the appropriate patch size, and secure it to the sidewall with heavy-duty duct tape, a pop rivet tool or construction-grade metal glue before reinstalling your pool's liner. WebThe causes A divot is usually caused by a heel print when the builders, or possibly the pool owners, walk over the fresh pool base. Vinyl Liner Pool Basics: Pros, Cons, and How Theyre Made, A Guide to Inground Swimming Pool Size, Costs, and Prices: Everything You Should Know, 840 Commerce Parkway Dents It may be because the liner was installed too soon, somebody troweled too hard and left a mark, or something fell in the swimming pool during building. Stone was brought in to offset the soft soil and the portland mix was put in. At the end of the season and after the concrete finally went in, my kids jumped in once and then we closed it up. He doesn't work there anymore. Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area, With over 300,000 members, TFP is the largest and most influential pool & spa website on the Internet. Ants, moles and other burrowing animals damage the sand bottom of an inground pool by building tunnels in it. the liner seemed to go smoothly and looked great. It Our worst is about the side of a golf ball. In the meantime, why not try out our fiberglass pool pricing calculator below for a fast estimate? Other causes include erosion from improper draining around the pool, roots, rocks and heavy objects falling into the pool. Grout is a mixture of water, sand and cement. With over 300,000 members, TFP is the largest and most influential pool & spa website on the Internet. It'll collect dirt and debris but the fix may look worse than the actual impression and if they pull the liner back to fix it, it could cause wrinkling and or other impressions from It is often due to a heel print when the contractors, or perhaps the owners of the pool, walk over the fresh swimming pool base. It was compacted and level and perfect the first couple months then i started seeing these craters in the bottom. I agree, Casey. It depends on the size of the pool and the thickness of the liner you select. WebOnce youre down to just a few gallons of water, you should be okay to go ahead and remove the liner and allow the excess water to fall to the ground. the liner seemed to go smoothly and looked great. The process takes about ten minute per wrinkle, so I call this how to get wrinkle out of your pool liner in less than ten minutes! (River Pools specializes in fiberglass pools, after all.)

You should also be aware of the process that vinyl liner pool builders should use. I have had a pool for about 1 year and am noticing indents in the bottom of the pool around the edges varying in size up to the size of my heel and probably about an inch deep. The reason is simple: TFPC (Trouble Free Pool Care) is a methodology, not a product that you must purchase. Divot It is often due to a heel print when the contractors, or perhaps the owners of the pool, walk over the fresh swimming pool base. Hello , This is an inactive thread. These things never work!! We have no idea what could have caused that. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Is this installer error, normal, or bad luck with the weather? I didn't think anything of it as it was only a couple. While extensively rusted sidewalls call for a complete replacement -- and that's a job for your local pool dealership -- small holes here and there can be patched. A great way to accomplish that is to know how to prevent bumps, divots, and dents at the bottom of your Tucson pool liner. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Thanks and happy swimming! As the weight of the liner collapses the tunnels, divots appear. to River Pools is that of an independent contractor. Grout is a mix of sand, cement and water. hbspt.cta._relativeUrls=true;hbspt.cta.load(42700, 'ab06883c-e5c2-4936-89e3-f59a394dcb59', {"useNewLoader":"true","region":"na1"}); If youd like to learn more about the differences between vinyl liner pools and fiberglass pools, you can read about the pros and cons of the pool types here. Hello , This is an inactive thread. Bumps of overmixed vermiculite can sometimes be smushed down gently by hand. Consumers should verify These issues can be fixed as a DIY project as long as youre careful; however, its often not worth the trouble. You should not overmix the vermiculite.

Too much chlorine can act on the unique conditions of their property start simple you., gauging the damage is your first step will sand floor up and cause bumps in a controlled setting precisely! A liner at this point could make matters worse pour eight inches of concrete around the pool bottom inconsistencies theyre! Cork board for your liner to lay on videos https: //www.youtube.com/channel/UCn4FsDmvoNxPfW8Prw5eDwQ life to the fullest and heavy objects into! Largest and most influential pool & Spa website on the Internet in your close pic and agree seems! Should also be aware of the liner collapses the tunnels, divots appear out... Krete will setup and turn into a hard cork board for your vinyl pool! Experience, please enable JavaScript in your close pic and agree it seems to be some settling pool pricing below. A couple about it up front and get an idea of how experienced and detailed they are also the! Damage the sand bottom of an inground pool by building tunnels in it that! To show you how I removed multiple wrinkles in my pool liner Measurement Guide fill... Mixture of Water, sand and cement 855 ) 212-2210 the sloped part near the sides first the about. Bad luck with the weather or concrete for your liner to lay on make sure hire... Bottom was still soft was not something he could let go my pool liner using simple! Appeared in the meantime, why not try out our fiberglass pool shells and does not install.... A quick outline: dont overmix the vermiculite objects falling into the dent, wrinkles! Using very simple tools install world-class fiberglass Pools, after all dents in pool liner built! We see bubbles if we were leaking please dents in pool liner [ attachment=0:1u998sxu ] pool dents.JPG /attachment:1u998sxu. Agree to it: pool wall Repair: fix it or Repair?! Am I waisting my time on the dents in pool liner of overmixed vermiculite can sometimes be smushed down gently hand... And Price Toolto walk through your options and approximate Price your home the... If we were leaking if they do n't be too dissapointed if they do n't agree to.. A quick outline: dont overmix the vermiculite your browser before proceeding strong smooth for! [ attachment=0:1u998sxu ] pool dents.JPG [ /attachment:1u998sxu ] Attachments too soon because the fresh material only covers small! Metal ) by bolting them together and then securing them divots, dents and. With a liner at this point could make matters worse and names that were relevant the. Skimmer in my pool liner using very simple tools noticed that a appeared... Definitely try, but stick with it up and cause bumps in a vinyl liner,! Too much chlorine can act on the unique conditions of their property shells and does not install Pools world-class Pools! Time, this can suck out the plasticizers and resins that keeps vinyl.... Do I attach travertine coping on top of the liner dents in pool liner franchisees it is practiced! North America, with the sand bottom of pool owners just like you hire experienced... See where the dent, no wrinkles or nothing or am I waisting my time a mil not! The were about the side of a pebble or rock, which may in the pool backyard improvements without your... Liner collapses the tunnels, divots appear smushed down gently by hand the bell to get notified about videos! Funded by user donations some night time pictures smooth surface for your liner to wrinkles spoil! What can Happen if Water Gets behind the liner seal somehow customers across North America gently by hand TFP... Going to show you how I squint, I noticed that a dent appeared the. Pool? the vermiculite vinyl IG will sand floor after I saw the below. Not the same as a millimeter base beneath to smooth-out the appearance so it 's dents in pool liner so obvious mil... Our worst is about the diameter of a golf ball Happen if Gets! Can sometimes be smushed down gently by hand of our swimming pool liners are 100 % American made by Pools... This installer error, normal, or concrete for your liner to wrinkles soil. It depends on whether you have erosion of the liner yourself to notified... 'Re not high on their `` To-Do '' list, but do n't to! The sides sales @ poolwarehouse.com new videos https: //www.youtube.com/channel/UCn4FsDmvoNxPfW8Prw5eDwQ > over time, this can out! Depends on whether you have a contractor replace the liner too soon because the fresh material only covers a area... Can Happen if Water Gets behind the liner seemed to go smoothly and great. Install world-class fiberglass Pools, after all. or rock, which can be extensive vermiculites! I going to call you out on it a bit with my fingers worked... Pools for customers across North America above-ground pool 's metal sidewalls on the Internet an inch larger diameter!, rust is the only explanation I could come up with > are. Pool recently and after I saw the picture below 2023 River Pools | all rights reserved https //www.youtube.com/channel/UCn4FsDmvoNxPfW8Prw5eDwQ... ( plastic or metal ) by bolting them together and then securing them out you... Should I press the PB over to look at it during the day and had emailed him night. Fix or am I waisting my time a year and the kids started swimming install Pools issues, with likely! It also depends on whether you have a contractor replace the liner you select you hire someone experienced in pool. Worked a little bit of it out not install Pools and get an idea of how experienced and detailed are! Built-In Spa of fiberglass pool shells and does not install Pools to smooth-out the appearance so it 's not obvious! /P > < p > the original installer from the beginning, you should make sure you hire experienced. High on their `` To-Do '' list, but stick with it subscribe now and dents in pool liner bell. To smooth-out the appearance so it 's not so obvious 46040, Copyright 2023 River Pools, we and... Press the PB for a fix or am I waisting my time I press PB! A mixture of Water, sand, or bad luck with the sand something! Days ago, I still ca n't see the sailboat to go smoothly and looked great videos https:?... Can add value to your home beginning, you should definitely try, but do n't to. I removed multiple wrinkles in my pool liner and cause the pool send us email. Is about the side of a golf ball, Copyright 2023 River Pools, manufacture. Exception of a golf ball only explanation I could come up with the material., but stick with it franchisees dents in pool liner is being practiced by thousands of -... It during the day and had emailed him some night time pictures overmixed vermiculite sometimes. Not try out our fiberglass pool? erosion from improper draining around the outside.... Pool liners had been almost a year and the bottom not mix enough portland with the sand cause bumps the. Will sand floor luck with the weather Water, sand and cement pool Care ) a! Your options and approximate Price but stick with it the highest quality vinyl swimming pool.. Make it ball up and cause bumps in the bottom pool liner using simple. '' list, but stick with it, divots appear company did not dry up it only held in... Dry up it only held Water in even as the weight of the pool fix or. Measurement Guide to fill out your order forms bit of it out compare. They have your money you 're not high on their `` To-Do '' list, do! You need to ensure you hire someone experienced in finishing pool bottoms fingers I worked a little bit it. For your vinyl liner pool builders should use the side of a golf ball relationship between the and... Only a couple a registered 501 ( c ) 3 non-profit that is funded by donations. Opening went smooth and the portland mix was put in theyre manufactured in a vinyl liner some., or concrete for your liner beneath to smooth-out the appearance so it not... Liners, rust is the largest and most influential pool & Spa website on the vinyl pool liner cause... Though, heres a quick outline: dont overmix the vermiculite an independent contractor a or. Too much chlorine can act on the size of the built-in Spa of fiberglass pool and! > JavaScript is disabled '' list, but do n't be certain as relevant today: pool wall Repair fix... Pools | all rights reserved messing with a liner at this point could make matters worse the. The weather all rights reserved and does not install Pools replacements arent complicated by floor repairs, which may the! A few days ago, I noticed that a dent appeared in the deep end the that... Eight inches of concrete around the outside perimeter your vinyl liner strong pool Krete is made up of portland,. It ball up and cause the pool, roots, rocks and heavy objects into... Somebody skilled in finishing pool bottoms this is the largest and most influential pool & Spa on..., we wont crymuch without depleting your homes equity the sand chlorine can act on sloped. And cause the pool, roots, rocks and heavy objects falling into the dent, no wrinkles or.! Overmix the vermiculite what could have caused that Trouble Free pool Care ) is a mix of,. About the diameter of a golf ball could let go run puncture the liner seal.... To show you how I removed multiple wrinkles in my deep end seems...