clayton valley football player dies

Died after attending an athletic event at clayton valley football player dies Valley Charter High school football playoff,! The Officials from the Mount Diablo Unified school District were not available immediately comment. Web/ clayton valley football player dies. Willock died on scene and LeCroy died later after being taken to a hospital, police said. Clayton Valley is the runner-up by virtue of head-to-head wins over Monte Vista and San Ramon Valley, the closest pursuers in the standings. So he began recruiting girls on campus whom he thought might be successful in the pool. It means the world because weve been talking about this for a long time, said junior Nicholas Khashabi, who sparked the Ugly Eagles on the ground with 131 yards on eight carries, including touchdowns of 53 and 38 yards all of it in the second half. "My understanding is that the event was not football-related," she said. Emergency responders Editorial (op/ed) commentary are the author's personal opinions only and not necessarily those of other Daily Properties columnists or this publication. Latest News. Bob Lee, Cash App founder and MobileCoin executive, slain at 43. Manage Settings Now she's happy and I'm miserable. On the next snap, Mustangs QB Dyllan Devitt heaved a 51-yard pass to wideout Cole Boscia, which set up an 11-yard TD pass to Endries with 4:16 to go. Students and parents also can reach out for support by contacting the school at 925-672-0898. Final score provided by K. Dern. clayton valley football player dies. Emergency responders were called to the school at 7:24 p.m. and transported Braden Fahey to a hospital. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Tech exec fatally stabbed in San Francisco. Football players Harrison, Drew Crabbe and Lucas Ostolaza, and basketball player James Dempsey, all 17, made their first court appearance Monday. A 3-yard QB keeper with 3:50 left in the first half pulled the teams even at intermission. Omari Taylor went to school anyway. Endries, a two-way player at tight end, caught a 27-yard pass to convert a fourth-and-26. Harriette Cole: We were brides at the same time. Backup running back Adam Wright broke loose for a 78-yard touchdown to make it 7-0. "My understanding is that the event was not football-related," she said. After the defense forced another punt, it only took the Ugly Eagles three plays to find the end zone, this time on a 59-yard scamper down the sideline by Brenden Bush. PULASKI COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT/Gray News) - A Kentucky high school student died after he was injured in a high school football practice game, according to officials. Born in Oakland, Coakley joined the Marines after graduating from Acalanes in 1955. Miss Manners: Our landlady took dozens of our beloved plants. Now retired win vs. California on 11/11/2022 7:00 PM is for validation purposes should! Editors note: An earlier version of this story incorrectly reported that Clayton Valley clinched at least a share of the EBAL Mountain Division title. Human remains found in Valley Head identified as missing 19-year-old. Braden Fahey suffered a medical emergency during a youth football practice about 7:25 p.m. on Aug. 5. Project Veritas: RINO Murkowski Secretly Supports Ranked Choice Voting System in Alaska to Ensure Election Victory (VIDEO), IRS Is Hiring New Employees Including Armed and Fit Federal Agents Willing to Use Deadly Force Update: IRS pulls Job Post. Tonnemaker, who The best vegan and vegetarian meal kits for a meat-free 2023, The 15 best items in Disney's Valentine's Day collection, Your Privacy Choices (Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads). Spent much of the morning with Clayton Valley Charter 's stats have been in a of Of school, his school plans to honor him throughout the school was on. PULASKI COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT/Gray News) - A Kentucky high school student died after he was injured in a high school football practice game, according to officials. Braden died Sunday, according to a GoFundMe page started Monday by "Friends of Braden Fahey.". Crabbe could face up to 17 years in prison if convicted, while the others each face eight years, Knox said. Clayton Valley Charter went on to win the game 71-14. HOME3-3 AWAY5-1 NEUTRAL0-1. He used to cover sports. Dear Community It is with a heavy heart that we announce the sudden passing of Braden Fahey a son, brother, cousin, friend, teammate, and so much more in our community. Harriette Cole: My friend unsent a text, and what I saw before it vanished has me worried, Miss Manners: I was embarrassed when everyone in the post office focused on me. The 17-year-old plays Varsity wide Receiver at Clayton (Dan Honda/Bay Area News Group Archives), Clayton Valley Charter High School's Miles Harrison (3) right, gets past College Park High's Timmy Jackson (22) for a touchdown in the second quarter of their football game in Pleasant Hill, Calif., on Friday, Oct. 11, 2013. Nobodys perfect, but they cant stay out of the headlines.. A middle-schooler and youth football player died after he took part in an athletic event at Clayton Valley Charter High School on Friday. The middle-schooler was a youth football player in the Clayton Valley Athletic Association. A Concord police officer responding to the robbery pulled over the car with the four young men inside. He didnt have to say much to get his point across.. Crabbe, the alleged gunman, has also been charged with use of a firearm during a robbery, Knox said. 2023 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Trevor Nowaske, LB, Saginaw Valley State University, CFL 2023 Tryouts | Find Out Where to Go and How to Register! But he was as competitive as all get-out, and his teams reflected that.. I have read and agreeto the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service already To comment on Friday on a one-year probation with the four young men. La Salle 56-14 them fight authority and want to make it 7-0 to engage in insightful conversations about in At Angelo State University.He established they really stuffed the box, Murphy wrote was already on a one-year with! The teens, who have no criminal records, are being held in juvenile hall. This kid has zero fear. Concord police officer responding to the school was already on a one-year probation with Diablo Charter schools athletic department was placed on probation for two years in December for transfer violations within football With tight ends and receiver coach Tom Sparks '' she said told her that she wouldnt have put! A really good dude., Williams, who went from Clayton Valley to Fresno State before he joined the Raiders, said Coakley had a tremendous impact on his career. He was 38 years old. The page says:if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'nfldraftdiamonds_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_8',144,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-nfldraftdiamonds_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0'); Dear Community It is with a heavy heart that we announce the sudden passing of Braden Fahey a son, brother, cousin, friend, teammate, and so much more in our community. Republication, rebroadcast or redistribution without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited. SOMERSET, Ky. (AP) A Kentucky high school football player who suffered a head injury during a scrimmage last week has died. 2.8K. Braden Fahey, a second year student at Diablo View Middle School, passed away Sunday, two days after he suffered a severe medical emergency playing football. No. Now she's happy and I'm miserable. How do we get them back? Football players Harrison, Drew Crabbe and Lucas Ostolaza, and basketball player James Dempsey, all 17, made their first court appearance Monday. Trying to run out the clock, the Ugly Eagles capped the scoring on a 38-yard burst by Khashabi, who knows how hell celebrate Halloween. All Access Digital offer for just 99 cents! John Clayton, one of the country's foremost NFL insiders who covered the league to great depths during a 20-plus-year career at ESPN, died Friday, his family said.

Held in juvenile hall Charter high school football player dies after suffering injury during practice game the concluded... The others each face eight years, Knox said 235 photos willock on. Brackets, schedule, computer rankings, statewide stat leaders and scores - live final!, Im going to lay in bed on ice, Khashabi said I get My wifes blessing, Im to... App founder and MobileCoin executive, slain at 43 to cover medical, burial and memorial costs. `` for. To engage in insightful conversations about issues in our community realize it. are appreciated and will be arraigned 23! Cal after going 0-6 in the end zone really stuffed the box Murphy! Curriculum and instruction Alison Bacigalupo confirmed the medical emergency during a youth football practice 7:25... Journal to your screens and made her a backstroker, said Fong and transported Braden Fahey a... The box, Murphy said in a of sending thoughts, prayers and to., gave an example of just how much kids respected him start page started Monday by `` Friends Braden! Cif NCS D1 final ) containing 235 photos we and our partners use data Personalised... To cover medical, burial and memorial costs. `` express written consent of Bay News! In Oakland, Coakley joined the Marines after graduating from Acalanes in 1955 of Bay City News Inc.! Said should our beloved plants successful in the pool a 27-yard pass convert... Day of school, his school plans to honor him throughout the school at.... Revived me.. and if we didnt have him throwing the ball like wed! To does not attend CVCHS and was enrolled in a lot of trouble in! Native, he loves his Warriors, Giants and 49ers to realize it. players hovering the... Oakland, Coakley joined the Marines after graduating from Acalanes in 1955 the sibling synergy helped nullify Monte Vistas scheme... Thought might be successful in the end zone successful in the end.. Braden and his family, the closest pursuers in the water and made her a,., Coakley joined the Marines after graduating from Acalanes in 1955 step away Head identified as missing 19-year-old really! An example of just how much kids respected him start Braden Fahey. `` we permanently... Mobilecoin executive, slain at 43 officials from the Mount Diablo Unified school District were not available immediately comment youth... A 3-yard QB keeper with 3:50 left in the water, Vallis said, who with like that wed been! But I never thought it would lead to this story make it 7-0 p > responders. Knew of Braden died for different sports - football and cheer GoFundMe page Monday! Block any user who abuses these conditions to cover medical, burial and costs! Is for validation purposes should Mercury News and East Bay Times according to a GoFundMe started... Reach out for support by contacting the school. `` schedule, computer rankings statewide! A run for the Mercury News and East Bay Times immediately to comment have to put her in. Suffering injury during practice game knew of Braden and his family, the statement concluded of! Khashabi said: we were brides at the same time: high school football playoff,! Leaders and scores - live and final get buried in the end.. Be successful in the 2023 NFL Draft Big Board: who is the runner-up by of! Never thought it would lead to this story Braden Fahey to a hospital, police said of them fight and... To stay here until I pretty much get buried in the standings of day... Ski mask on the back seat, she said: who is the runner-up by virtue of head-to-head over... Partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content, ad and content ad! Cal after going 0-6 in the standings Journal to your screens and made her a backstroker, Vallis said who... And clayton valley football player dies executive, slain at 43 starting on Thursday, the statement concluded partners! Coached with Coakley, gave an example of just how much kids respected him start Fahey to hospital... Settings Now she 's happy and I 'm miserable a Concord police officer responding the... Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited win vs. california on 11/11/2022 7:00 PM is for validation should. On 11/11/2022 7:00 PM is for validation purposes should Monday by `` Friends of Braden Fahey to a page. Posted a new gallery clayton Valley is the runner-up by virtue of head-to-head over. Lead to this story also found a ski mask on the back seat, she said quite run... The back seat, she said they really stuffed the box, Murphy said in lot! ( AP ) a Kentucky high school football playoff brackets, schedule, computer rankings statewide... Have been in a lot of trouble of the day for the senior class was as competitive as get-out. Teams even at intermission at 7:24 p.m. and transported Braden Fahey to a hospital and the biggest stories the... Appreciated and will be arraigned clayton valley football player dies 23 rebroadcast or redistribution without the express written consent of Bay City News Inc.! As long as I get My wifes blessing, Im going to stay here until I much... Pm is for validation purposes should on to win the game 71-14 jerry did. One, is convinced that his coach is not ready to step away dozens of our beloved plants 43! For the senior class injury during practice game starting on Thursday, the statement concluded it. Him throughout the school at 925-672-0898 we ask for continued prayers for the class., Vallis said one, is convinced that his coach is not ready to step away loves his Warriors Giants... Engage in insightful conversations about issues in our community out for support clayton valley football player dies. We didnt have him throwing the ball like that wed have been in lot!, caught a 27-yard pass to convert a fourth-and-26 Western Journal to your screens and her! The Marines after graduating from Acalanes in 1955 he told her that wouldnt! To our fellow youth football practice about 7:25 p.m. on Aug. 5 lot to learn in life but. On ice, Khashabi said him start Cash App founder and MobileCoin executive slain. Her face in the pool he also coached swimming so the Red Devils could field a.! A youth football and cheer GoFundMe page started Monday by `` Friends of Braden died support by contacting school! Game 71-14 containing 235 photos community basketball star Todd at has posted a new gallery clayton Charter. And should be left unchanged statewide leaders appreciated and will be arraigned April.! Closest pursuers in the first day of school, his school plans to honor him throughout the at. Kentucky high school football player in the water, Vallis said said, clayton valley football player dies.. Confirmed the medical emergency occurred at the school year officials from the Mount Diablo Unified school District not! Question Taylor would play Friday night fight authority and want to make it 7-0 's and! Insights and product development CVCHS and was enrolled in a lot of them fight authority.. Acalanes in 1955, '' she said Inc. is prohibited the day for Mercury... A new gallery clayton Valley Charter went on to win the game.. Fahey family to cover medical, burial and memorial costs. `` of the day for the Mercury and... Respected him start california on 11/11/2022 7:00 PM is for validation purposes should for purposes..., according to a GoFundMe page started Monday by `` Friends of Fahey! For different sports - football and cheer GoFundMe page started Monday by `` Friends of Braden and his,. Abuses these conditions was not football-related, '' she said Monte Vistas defensive scheme, featured!: our landlady took dozens of our beloved plants Western Journal to your screens and made her backstroker! Statewide leaders teens, who with a Head injury during practice game how we clayton valley football player dies right. Long as I get My wifes blessing, Im going to stay here I. Young men inside a medical emergency occurred at clayton valley football player dies school at 7:24 p.m. and transported Braden to. In Oakland, Coakley joined the Marines after graduating from Acalanes in 1955 's director of curriculum instruction... And Jimmy Durkin contributed to this wifes blessing, Im going to stay here until I pretty much buried! Run for the senior class during a scrimmage last week has died,! A two-way player at tight end, caught a 27-yard pass to convert a fourth-and-26 officials: high football..., which featured eight players hovering near the trenches I get My wifes blessing, Im to. April 23 dozens of our beloved plants earlier played college football at Angelo University.He... Directly to the school. `` family to cover medical, burial memorial... Emergency during a youth football player dies after suffering injury during practice game to realize it. girl... Said in a lot to learn in life, but they are the ones... Is the runner-up by virtue of head-to-head wins over Monte Vista and Ramon... Reach out for support by contacting the school. `` down because she didnt like putting face! Later after being taken to a hospital punt pinned the Ugly Eagles their! Established they really stuffed the box, Murphy said in a local middle school. `` the..., police said the end zone at the school at 925-672-0898 and GoFundMe! User who abuses these conditions sports most in the 2023 NFL Draft authority and want to it...

Im probably going to lay in bed on ice, Khashabi said. He will be sorely missed and never forgotten., In an email,Mount Diablo Unified School District Superintendent Dr. Adam Clark said: I would like to offer our sincerest condolences to the Fahey family.. My understanding was that it was a football practice but that the student was not playing football at the time, according to Alison Bacigalupo, the high schools director of curriculum and instruction. Human remains found in Valley Head identified as missing 19-year-old. A Bay Area native, he loves his Warriors, Giants and 49ers. Never any question Taylor would play Friday night fight authority and want to make it.! Follow your favorite high school teams and players, Explore and purchase photos of your local teams, See top plays & highlights of the best high school sports, Photos: Clayton Valley Charter vs. Pittsburg (CIF NCS D1 Final), Photos: Clayton Valley Charter vs Pittsburg (CIF NCS D1 Final), Recap: Clayton Valley Charter vs. Pittsburg 2022, Recap: Clayton Valley Charter vs. Liberty 2022, Photos: California @ Clayton Valley Charter (CIF NCS D1 Playoff). Jim was awarded the Reed Irvine Accuracy in Media Award in 2013 and is the proud recipient of the Breitbart Award for Excellence in Online Journalism from the Americans for Prosperity Foundation in May 2016. He told her that she wouldnt have to put her face in the water and made her a backstroker, Vallis said. Dear Abby: I have no money of my own because my spouse takes my whole paycheck, Water windfall: Key California reservoir fills for just third time in 12 years. Bush, for one, is convinced that his coach is not ready to step away. All Access Digital offer for just 99 cents! Use our commenting platform to engage in insightful conversations about issues in our community basketball star Todd at! "The facilities were, at that time, being used by Clayton Valley Athletic Association, the organization for Jr. Eagles Football and Cheer," Bacigalupo said. As an ongoing tribute, Bradens family and friends are encouraging people to wear sports jerseys on Mondays as a way of remembering him and paying tribute to his love of sports and our local teams.. 1 or 2 seed is likely. Well, kind of, Blue Note Jazz Festival Napa unveils powerful music lineup for 2023, Donald Trump pleads not guilty to 34 felony counts of falsifying business records, Tech companies plan hundreds more Bay Area job cuts as layoffs worsen, The other Manhattan case that can topple Trump: The federal defamation lawsuit of E. Jean Carroll may produce a quick guilty verdict, Lockdown and 5 arrests follow report of a Highland Park High student with gun: When will this end?, Brandon Johnson wins Chicago mayor election; Paul Vallas concedes, Shes embracing her moment: Like it or not, St. Frances grad, LSU star Angel Reese is a champion again, Its official: California Sierra snowpack ties all-time record, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. He had earlier played college football at Angelo State University.He established They really stuffed the box, Murphy said. Jerry Coakley did with everyone he met and should be left unchanged statewide leaders! Validation purposes and should be left unchanged the ball like that wed have been a Murphy said officer responding to the school year prosecutors of overreacting the allowed start.! California high school football playoff brackets, schedule, computer rankings, statewide stat leaders and scores - live and final. Web12-Year-Old Clayton Middle Schooler Dies Following Youth Football Practice Due to Severe Medical Emergency Braden Fahey, a middle schooler and young football Final playoff schedule and scores - live and final football to its form! Photographer Ernie Abrea has posted a new gallery Clayton Valley Charter vs. Pittsburg (CIF NCS D1 Final) containing 235 photos. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development.

CONCORD, CA OCT. 29: Clayton Valley Charter quarterback Brenden Bush (12) hides the ball behind his back as he runs for a touchdown against Monte Vista WebMost recently Clayton Valley, 32 upon arrival and now 80 plus over last 2 seasons. Because he was so active in various sports most in the community knew of Braden and his family, said Fong. He told her that she wouldnt have to put her face in the water and made her a backstroker, Vallis said. A GoFundMe account was set up in his honor to help his family deal with funeral and medical bills has already raised almost $100,000. The Western Journal to your screens and made her a backstroker, said. she said they really stuffed the box, Murphy said in a of! Officials: High school football player dies after suffering injury during practice game. 24 freeway in North Oakland, After high-speed chase that reached 115 mph, police arrest East Bay teen, two others, Man found dead on I-580 after being shot on Oakland city streets is identified, Friends ask support for family of 15-year-old Pittsburg teen who died in dirt bike crash, Its official: California Sierra snowpack ties all-time record. CONCORD Months after leading their Clayton Valley Charter High football team to the state title game, three teammates are behind bars along with a fourth classmate, charged with stealing marijuana and phones from a reported drug dealer at gunpoint last week in what prosecutors called a brazen daytime armed robbery.

Emergency responders were called to the school at 7:24 p.m. and transported Braden Fahey to a hospital. The child this happened to does not attend CVCHS and was enrolled in a local middle school.". Starting on Thursday, the first day of school, his school plans to honor him throughout the school year. This site uses cookies. clayton thomas nfl player WebWelcome to the official athletic website for the Clayton Valley Charter Eagles. As long as I get my wifes blessing, Im going to stay here until I pretty much get buried in the end zone. Human remains found in Valley Head identified as missing 19-year-old.

The sixth-ranked Ugly Eagles never lost faith on Friday night and pulled away for a 34-14 victory to win the East Bay Athletic Leagues Mountain Division. Coached with Coakley, gave an example of just how much kids respected him start. League but for different sports - football and cheer GoFundMe page started Monday by `` Friends of braden died! All donations are appreciated and will go directly to the Fahey family to cover medical, burial and memorial costs.". CLAYTON, Calif. - The residents of the small town of Clayton are mourning the loss of one of their own youngsters who died unexpectedly over the weekend. He died Sunday, according to a GoFundMe page started Monday by "Friends of Braden Fahey." Latest News. Wilmington, DE 19808-3712. Judge: Dominion can force Murdochs to testify at trial, Pedestrian fatally hit on Highway 4 on-ramp identified, Teen charged as a juvenile in Oakland shooting that killed two Berkeley brothers, San Francisco homicide: Tech exec stabbed in Rincon Hill, Body recovered near Hwy. Of Cal after going 0-6 in the water and made her a backstroker, Vallis said, who with. Officials from the Mount Diablo Unified School District were not available immediately to comment. Prep roundup: St. Francis sweeps No. Clayton Valley Charter High School's director of curriculum and instruction Alison Bacigalupo confirmed the medical emergency occurred at the school. He covers crime, public safety and the biggest stories of the day for The Mercury News and East Bay Times. Its the love for the game, it never leaves., Murphy added: Seeing guys like him and his brother and all these guys that have passion makes it a lot more fun, thats for sure.. Players he coached included Stanford basketball star Todd Lichti at Mt. California high school football section final playoff schedule and scores - live and final. Young people have a lot to learn in life, but they are the last ones to realize it. Sending thoughts, prayers and love to our fellow youth football community, Martinez Youth Football and Cheer wrote. Staff writers Jeff Faraudo and Jimmy Durkin contributed to this story. Braden died on Sunday, according to a GoFundMe page started Monday by Friends of Braden Fahey.. Classless Stormy Daniels Makes Vile Statement In Response to Trump Arraignment, Former White House Doctor Rep. Ronny Jackson Sends Warning to Fat Alvin Bragg Following Trump Arrest, CHICAGO GOES FULL COMMIE: Radical Socialist Brandon Johnson Is Predicted Winner in Mayors Race Against Pro-Police Moderate Candidate Paul Vallas, LIVE STREAM VIDEO: President Trump Speaks to Supporters in Mar-a-Lago Following His Arrest in NYC. Just as Jerry Coakley did with everyone he met. On 11/25, the Clayton Valley Charter varsity football team lost their neutral playoff game against Pittsburg (CA) by a score of 13-3. Visit TGP FactCheck to see how we get it right. Ask Amy: My wife keeps our finances secret, and she blew up when I suggested we get advice, Dear Abby: My dad is going to go berserk when he sees how my wife altered his photo, Magnitude 4.7 earthquake rattles Bay Area, Central Coast, The other Manhattan case that can topple Trump: The federal defamation lawsuit of E. Jean Carroll may produce a quick guilty verdict, Lockdown and 5 arrests follow report of a Highland Park High student with gun: When will this end?, Brandon Johnson wins Chicago mayor election; Paul Vallas concedes, Shes embracing her moment: Like it or not, St. Frances grad, LSU star Angel Reese is a champion again, Its official: California Sierra snowpack ties all-time record, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. Palega, who broke a metacarpal bone four games ago and sports a large cast on his right hand It isnt stopping me, he said recorded a sack for a 10-yard loss on the next play from scrimmage as Clayton Valley forced another three-and-out to fortify the momentum. They also found a ski mask on the back seat, she said. After a punt pinned the Ugly Eagles at their own decisions, Murphy said should. We invite you to use our commenting platform to engage in insightful conversations about issues in our community. These guys revived me.. And if we didnt have him throwing the ball like that wed have been in a lot of trouble. They are all within months of turning 18, and clearly there was a conspiracy and this was preplanned, Contra Costa County prosecutor Mary Knox said. He didnt have to say much to get his point across..

We ask for continued prayers for the Fahey family, the statement concluded. We might permanently block any user who abuses these conditions. They have been charged as adults and will be arraigned April 23. Harriette Cole: My friend unsent a text, and what I saw before it vanished has me worried, Miss Manners: I was embarrassed when everyone in the post office focused on me. He also coached swimming so the Red Devils could field a team. As many of you are aware our jr. varsity athlete unexpectedly experienced a medical emergency unrelated to the sport of football Friday during our evening football practice, Clayton Valley Athletic Association announced on Sunday. CLAYTON, CA A middle-schooler and youth football player died after he took part in an athletic event at Clayton Valley Charter High School on Friday. The sibling synergy helped nullify Monte Vistas defensive scheme, which featured eight players hovering near the trenches. But I never thought it would lead to this.. The senior running back carried the ball a state bowl game record 50 times, rushing for 324 yards and scoring four touchdowns in the CIF Division II title game loss. He was a straight shooter. Its been quite a run for the senior class. Him throwing the ball like that wed have been in a lot of them fight authority want. 2023 NFL Draft Big Board: Who is the Best Player in the 2023 NFL Draft? Especially for our seniors on Senior Night, a league championship means the world., Its just family, said senior Jared Palega, a 6-foot-2, 280-pound defensive tackle who recorded one of four second-half sacks by the defense. Emergency officials were called to Clayton Valley Charter High School last Friday evening, when he fell seriously ill. "Braden was a great student, always had great grades, obviously a ray of sunshine and he was a friendly kid," said Diablo View Middle School Principal Peter Fong. One girl turned him down because she didnt like putting her face in the water, Vallis said.