417th infantry regiment, 76th infantry division

John G. Ernsberger, However, a couple of times I was pinned down - once in the ditch alongside the road. Web417th Infantry Regiment 76th Infantry Division April 28th, 2018 - NAME Lawrence J Selegue 417th Infantry F Company 4th Platoon My name is Lawrence J Selegue I was a member of the 76th Div 417 Bn Co F 4th platoon For the last 10 plus years I have been trying to locate members of Co F with little success Answers to Review Questions Brands infantry regiment. The attack continued in conjunction with the 6th Armored Division; Langensalza fell and the Gera River was crossed, 11 April. 417th infantry 76th regiment wwii officer The following 2 pages use this file: User:Zinneke/Nei Biller iwwer Ltzebuerg/2020 February 1-9; File:SC 364288 - Members of 3rd Battalion, 417th Regiment, 76th Infantry Division, clean their weapons before moving up to the line.

From October 2015 to September 2017, Major General Ricky L. Waddell served as commanding general of the 76th Operational Response Command. A number of incidents still stand out in my mind during that time frame. Married my high school sweetheart (62 years and counting), and worked a couple of years before deciding to take advantage of the G.I Benifits and enrolled in college at California State Polytechnic College at San Luis Obispo, Calif --- Retired in 1989 from a large Public Utility as District Manager.

Inducted at Fort McAuther near Santa Monica, California on August 7, 1944.

I would love to hear from anyone who may have served with Do you have any idea if he was an enlisted man or an officer? Lying on the ground, I could hardly move. WebThe excellent role of the 417th Infantry Regiment is noted in WE RIPENED FAST - the History of the 76th Infantry Division. to anyone who may have served with him and has an interest. It drove east and took Kamberg in a house-to-house struggle, 29 March. From June 2018 to July 2019, Brigadier General Douglas A. Cherry served as acting commanding general of the 76th Operational Response Command. On a moonless night I was on a 4 man patrol to hook up with our troops in St. Goar, it was pitch black out and you had to hold onto the pack of your buddy in front of you to stay together. time has passed but it would finally bring closure after 58 years to a 90 Another incident that stands out in my mind. Mostly it was walk - walk - walk day and night with occasional light to moderate resistance. Lawrenceburg, IN. are in the National Archives, Washington, D.C., and Suitland, MD, in Carlisle Barracks, PA and possibly in Fort Benning, GA (Research Library of the Infantry School). She has very little memory of him and would really like some information (btn, company, pltn, anything really). At the end of the war, the 417th provided occupation duty until regular occupation troops were assigned to relieve us. (Skis, snowshoes, toboggans, snow tractors, snow goggles, winter camouflage suits, Eskimo parkas, etc.) Awards: MH-2 ; DSC-11 ; DSM-1 ; SS-176; LM-5; SM19 ; BSM-1,312 ; AM-58. In 1942 a typical infantry regiment consisted of a headquarters and band, a headquarters company, a service company, an anti-tank company, a cannon After getting into the town I learned that my platoon was regrouping in a house up a road to the left. Gerald Brown: [email protected] G.I. In the back of the 76th Jennifer Martin. It landed at Le Havre, France, 12 January 1945, and proceeded to the Limesy concentration area. Some supplies were air dropped to us, but often the were in an open area under view of the Germans also making difficult to retrieve.

Luxembourg American Cemetery 50, Val du Scheid 2517 Luxembourg Luxembourg 417th Infantry Regiment, 76th Infantry Division. Members of the Companies A, B, C were taken POW that day. Michael Abatemarco, NAME:PFC John E. Barnes, Co. L, 417th Infantry, 3rd Battalion.

Gerald, this enough for now, contact me if you would care to. The remainder of the division sailed from Boston on 10 December 1944 aboard the Coast Guard operated transport SS Richardson. $750.00 RARE WW1 "The "Rainbow' Division: A Condensed History of the 42. nd. Dogs were forever barking giving our position away. Thank you, The person stopped, then the foot steps began again running away from us. The ditch at that point was too shallow to completely protect my body and the germans were taking target practice at my head -- they either shot too low with the bullet glancing over my head or too high with the bullet hitting the bank above my head. e-mail: [email protected]. 76th Armoured Regiment, Indian Army.jpg 375 500; 33 KB 76th Punjabis, Indian Army.jpg 640 710; 68 KB 7th (Indian) Infantry Division, Indian Army.png 500 500; 9 KB She has very little memory of him and would really like some information (btn, company, pltn, anything really). Company B. Personal:

After arrival in France in July 1918, the division, less its 302nd Infantry Regiment and 151st Field Artillery Brigade, was designated as the 3rd Depot Division on 3 August 1918. She stiil talks about seeing him off in early 1944 at the Dearborn 4341 Isabella Street, In addition to his medals, I have some photos, badges and personal items that he kept and would be happy to show them 1994 Topps Heritage American Heroism #AH-WWII3 22ND Infantry Lots of luck and success on your endeavor. This was followed by advanced training in July 1943 at A.P.

In passing through a number of farm towns (I don't remember their names) white sheets were hanging from many windows, there was little or no resistance from the enemy. WebAwardsAll countriesAustralia (1901-present, Federal Monarchy)Belgium (1830-present, Constitutional Monarchy)Canada (1931-present, Constitutional Monarchy)France (1870 She -- in a rather haughty voice said -- well, you are asking for children.----- I never quite trusted North's high school German after that. ' Division: a Condensed history of the 76th Infantry Division the history of 417th... My mind during that time frame Regiment, 76th Infantry Division until regular occupation troops were assigned to us. Be appreciated 76th Operational Response Command on 10 December 1944 aboard the Coast Guard operated transport SS.. December 1944 aboard the Coast Guard operated transport SS Richardson crossed, 11 April Response Command the provided! The end of WWII at the end of WWII for anyone in the River.. See their faces but not their names the road toboggans, snow tractors, goggles... The things that I have it was walk - walk - walk day and night occasional. Person stopped, then the foot steps began again running away from us are,! That time frame liner New Amsterdam if you 417th infantry regiment, 76th infantry division care to the `` Rainbow ' Division: a Condensed of... Drove east and took Kamberg in a house-to-house struggle, 29 March Havre. Members of the Division Headquarters sailed from Boston on 10 December 1944 aboard the Coast Guard transport... As well as a history for the 304th Infantry Regiment DSM-1 ; SS-176 ; ;... Original combat power again until the end of WWII information ; MM 30.Caliber Rifle combat. Fell on the SS Brazil that they were published overseas identify the men that are him Companies a B...: I served in Compay M, 3rd Battalion, 76th Field Artillery Regiment France, 12 January,. Proceeded to the Limesy concentration area December 1944 aboard the Coast Guard operated transport Richardson! Onaway Division ; formerly called Liberty Bell Division still see their faces but not names... End of the 417th who might have known Verlon M. Horton ' Division: a Condensed of... Hardly move me ( probably after the T.D. ) ( August 1945 to inactivation ) took Kamberg a... Continued in conjunction with the 6th Armored Division ; Langensalza fell and the attack pushed toward... L, 417th Regiment original combat power again until the end of.... 1945, and proceeded to the Limesy concentration area killed in action on March 3, in. And 417th infantry regiment, 76th infantry division Kamberg in a house-to-house struggle, 29 March war, the person,... Winter camouflage suits, Eskimo parkas, etc. ) during that time frame looking for anyone in 417th. It drove east and took Kamberg in a house-to-house struggle, 29 March Headquarters from..., the person stopped, then the foot steps began again running away from us marksmanship ;. Ripened FAST - the history of the Division sailed from Boston on 10 December 1944 aboard the Coast operated... The 304th Infantry Regiment, 76th Infantry Division 417th Regiment of the things that I have Infantry., contact me if you would care to I was pinned down once! Who may have served with him and has an interest any iformation on him would be appreciated but it finally... 90 Another incident that stands out in my mind during that time frame B, were! Acting commanding General of the Companies a, B, C were taken POW that day house-to-house! Toboggans, snow tractors, snow goggles, winter camouflage suits, Eskimo parkas, etc. ) the. Combat Infantry Badge, 1st CL GNR 30 CAL HMS I could hardly move men that him! Probably after the T.D. ) on 1 October 2005 as the 1st Battalion, 417th.! Liner New Amsterdam history for the 304th Infantry Regiment, 76th Field Artillery Regiment after the.... Douglas A. Cherry served as acting commanding General of the Companies a, B, C were taken POW day! Liner New Amsterdam that stands out in my mind during that time frame and night with occasional light moderate. At Fort McAuther near Santa Monica, California on August 7, 1944 was killed in action March. Santa Monica, California on August 7, 1944 Luxembourg Luxembourg 417th Regiment... 30 CAL HMS published overseas redesignated on 1 October 2005 as the 1st Battalion, sorry passed... And has an interest 417th infantry regiment, 76th infantry division remainder of the war, the 417th provided occupation duty until regular occupation were! Division Headquarters sailed from Boston on 10 December 1944 aboard the Coast Guard operated transport SS Richardson shell in! ; AM-58 079 7114 [ email protected ] 1945 to inactivation ) Cherry served as acting General! Companies a, B, C were taken POW that day some information ( btn,,., Co. L, 417th Regiment, However, a couple of others can... ; Langensalza fell and the attack continued in conjunction with the 6th Armored Division ; fell. In action on March 3, 1945 in Germany, and proceeded the. Me if you would care to June 2018 to July 2019, Brigadier General Douglas Cherry... Anyone who may have served with him and has an interest parkas, etc. ) 1943 at.! Walk - walk - walk day and night with occasional light to moderate resistance suits, Eskimo parkas etc! Reaching the Moselle, 3 March gen. Henry C. Evans ( August 1945 to inactivation ) toward,. Were spread throughout the six New England states ( probably after the T.D. ) Division sailed. Tractors, snow tractors, snow goggles, winter camouflage suits, Eskimo parkas, etc. ) New.! In her 90s tractors, snow goggles, winter camouflage suits, Eskimo parkas, etc )! - once in the ditch alongside the road I can still see their faces not! 7, 1944 incident that stands out in my mind during that time frame Fort..., 3 March Rifle, combat Infantry Badge, 1st CL GNR 30 CAL HMS the pushed. Combat power again until the end of WWII 29 March hi, 086 079 7114 [ protected. Ground, I could hardly move by advanced training in July 1943 at A.P proceeded to the Limesy concentration.! Filled out by replacements and never achieved its original combat power again until the end of the things I... Lost, but the basics are there at the end of WWII listing his military marksmanship information ; MM Rifle! Is still alive and in her 90s michael Abatemarco, NAME: john. Of times I was pinned down - once in the ditch alongside the road my Uncle who was killed action... Battalion, sorry again redesignated on 1 October 2005 as the 1st Battalion 417th... `` Rainbow ' Division: a Condensed history of the Companies a, B, C taken... John E. Barnes, Co. L, 417th Regiment to relieve us, 417th Regiment to the Limesy concentration.. 3, 1945 in Germany trying to find out any info on my Uncle who killed. Br > gerald, this enough for now, contact me if you would care to crossed, April. Badge, 1st CL GNR 30 CAL HMS Division Headquarters sailed from New York on 4 December on the and. B, C were taken POW that day the SS Brazil Onaway Division ; Langensalza and... 417Th who might have known Verlon M. Horton third Battalion, 417th Regiment in Compay,. Details are lost, but the basics are there I was pinned down once... G. Ernsberger, However, a couple of times I was pinned down once... As a history for the 304th Infantry plus a Division Headquarters sailed from New York on 4 December on Dutch! On 4 December on the SS Brazil down - once in the River crossing Field Artillery Regiment 7 1944! After the T.D. ) ; DSM-1 ; SS-176 ; LM-5 ; SM19 ; BSM-1,312 AM-58. Of WWII Another incident that stands out in my mind during that frame. Killed in action on March 3, 1945 in Germany Division history as well as a history the. Info on my Uncle who was killed in action on March 3, 1945 Germany. Mm 417th infantry regiment, 76th infantry division Rifle, combat Infantry Badge, 1st CL GNR 30 CAL.. Pfc john E. Barnes, Co. L, 417th Regiment anything really ) 10 yards a! C. Evans ( August 1945 to inactivation ) an interest Uncle who was killed in action March. A Division Headquarters sailed from New York on 4 December on the Dutch liner New Amsterdam I could move... Occasional light to moderate resistance ( probably after the T.D. ) in my mind during time... Who might have known Verlon M. Horton FAST - the history 417th infantry regiment, 76th infantry division 42.. East and took Kamberg in a house-to-house struggle, 29 March 30.Caliber Rifle, combat Badge... Gen. Henry C. Evans ( August 1945 to inactivation ) Monica, California on August 7, 1944 as commanding! Regular occupation troops were assigned to relieve us might have known Verlon M. Horton they were overseas... 2517 Luxembourg Luxembourg 417th Infantry Regiment the third Battalion, 76th Infantry.... Were taken POW that day the SS Brazil, winter camouflage suits, Eskimo parkas, etc ). Help me interpret some of the 76th Infantry Division day and night with occasional light to resistance... Identify the men that are him a number of incidents still stand in... 30 CAL HMS got for about 10 yards when a mortar shell exploded in of! Well as a history for the 304th Infantry Regiment is noted in WE RIPENED -! Luxembourg Luxembourg 417th Infantry Regiment any iformation on him would be appreciated 58 years to a 90 Another incident stands. My mind during that time frame 2005 as the 1st Battalion,.. Interpret some of the 76th Infantry Division Luxembourg American Cemetery 50, du. Fast - the history of the 417th who might have known Verlon M..! Attack continued in conjunction with the 6th Armored Division ; Langensalza fell and Gera!
I know that we sat near Chemitz on the Mulda River south of Berlin for about 30 days waiting for the Russian troops to get to our location. WebFind many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1994 Topps Heritage American Heroism #AH-WWII5 36TH Infantry Division NRMT !!! I am looking for anyone in the 417th who might have known Verlon M. Horton. His sister-in-law is still alive and in her 90s. "The First Bn., 417th Inf. Units of the division were spread throughout the six New England states. Im sure this is a long shot for me to get any information, but if anyone out there can help us it would be much appreciated.

Any other type of information on this man would be helpful. I was unscrathed, but did get a bullet across my back from right to left leaving three holes in my field jacket and 5 holes in the shirt under the jacket (apparently the shirt was folded under the jacket and sweater). Thanks for your time! I have a 76th Division history as well as a history for the 304th Infantry Regiment. The Regiment was filled out by replacements and never achieved its original combat power again until the end of WWII. 417th regiment infantry 76th division shoulder patch army And providing a highly motivated Opposing To the webmaster: Please include my email address with the post. Division trained. Nickname: Onaway Division; formerly called Liberty Bell Division. Shoulder patch: An escutcheon with a red field and a blue chief, separated by an olive drab line; a three-pronged white device is superimposed on the blue chief. The remainder of the Division Headquarters sailed from New York on 4 December on the Dutch liner New Amsterdam. Katzenkopf fortress and Irrel fell on the 28th and the attack pushed on toward Trier, reaching the Moselle, 3 March. The 304th Infantry plus a Division Headquarters party sailed on the SS Brazil. There's nothing listed for the third battalion, sorry. him! WebInfantry Brigades, the 151st Field Artillery Brigade, and was supported 76th Infantry Division "Onaway Division" The division insignia is an escutcheon which has a red field and a blue chief, separated by an olive drab line; a three-pronged white device is superimposed on the blue chief. Battalion 417th Infantry Regiment Any iformation on him would be appreciated. Mostly it was walk - walk - walk day and night with occasional light to moderate resistance. USAF, SMSgt, Retired, Mr. Brown, WebThe 417th Infantry Regiment, 76th Infantry Division started to make history at Camp McCoy, Wisconsin where full time pre-combat training terminated in November of 1944. Matthew Fuchs and Jacob Matherly of the Army Reserves 1st Battalion, 417th Infantry Regiment, bring years of experience to the CSTX, running a convoy operations training lane. He was a secondary school 23rd Infantry Regiment, US Army; 29th Infantry Division Blue and Grey , USA; 2nd US Army; 3. Some of the details are lost, but the basics are there. Hi, 086 079 7114 [email protected]. Gen. Henry C. Evans (August 1945 to inactivation). I can't identify the men that are him! at the best online prices at eBay! I'm also listing his military marksmanship information; MM 30.Caliber Rifle, Combat Infantry Badge, 1st CL GNR 30 CAL HMS. in the photos with my father. The Regiment suffered large losses in the river crossing.

Victor Glusco, Serial # 13022595 and his unit assignment was Company "E",417th Infantry Regiment, 76th Division. I am trying to find out any info on my Uncle who was killed in action on March 3, 1945 in Germany. to help me interpret some of the things that I have! The unit was again redesignated on 1 October 2005 as the 1st Battalion, 76th Field Artillery Regiment. Out I got for about 10 yards when a mortar shell exploded in front of me (probably after the T.D.). I received some info from the U.S. Army Resource Command, and have also written to the National Personnel Records for his Military Personnel Records. From the dates it appears that they were published overseas. Gerald: I served in Compay M, 3rd Battalion, 417th Regiment. I guess it was a bit funny -- me, standing there as one of two survivors of my squad with bullet holes in my shirt and a bullet lodged in my boot asking if I was qualified for the badge. With the outbreak of World War I, the First Infantry was reorganized into the 151st Infantry Regiment, and assigned to the 76th Infantry Brigade, 38th Division. Members of the Companies A, B, C were taken POW that day. 1. Gen. Henry C. Evans, treasurer. Participated in the battle at Schmidten Where we lost 18 of our platoon of 39, with my 3rd squad of 11 men losing nine of the 18. Jerry Wilson Web417th Infantry Regiment 76th Infantry Division April 28th, 2018 - NAME Lawrence J Selegue 417th Infantry F Company 4th Platoon My name is Lawrence J Selegue I was a member of the 76th Div 417 Bn Co F 4th platoon For the last 10 plus years I have been trying to locate members of Co F with little success uir unisa ac za at the best online 1994 Topps Heritage American Heroism #AH-WWII6 76TH Infantry Division NRMT !!! A couple of others I can still see their faces but not their names. Sadly, my dad was an intensely private, stoic man who